rosskesava

An appology to UBA1
« on: June 07, 2005, 08:28:00 pm »
A while back there was a bit of a debate about UBA1 being able to clean the windows of 5 or 6 houses an hour and I didn't see how any one human could do that.

Having read the postings of The Shiner and also other postings by UBA1 I now think he can do what he says - so this is an appology to UBA1.

I did post that if I thought I was I was wrong, then I would post an appology as a topic.

Cheers

Ross

Re: An appology to UBA1
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 08:31:18 pm »
Ross,

I think we need a photo of you, with your head shaved, just to prove you're REALLY very sorry.

Otherwise your words are meaningless.

Shave your head now and post a pic.

Regards,

Tosh.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 08:32:28 pm »
A while back there was a bit of a debate about UBA1 being able to clean the windows of 5 or 6 houses an hour and I didn't see how any one human could do that.

Having read the postings of The Shiner and also other postings by UBA1 I now think he can do what he says - so this is an appology to UBA1.

I did post that if I thought I was I was wrong, then I would post an appology as a topic.

Cheers

Ross

Fair play to you.
When I first started, some guy told me that he could earn over £100 a day (this was in 1991).  I thought he was having me on.  To see him perform it was like watching an octopus.  I swear he had 8 arms.  These days I can do that and a lot more besides woithout rushing too hard.  As I've said bewfore though, for me sustaining it is sometimes a problem as I have a fair way to go to get fit again.

denzle

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 09:00:16 pm »
Some months ago, i posted something about doing a block of flats in 3hrs, and how much it was worth.
If i remember rightly Tosh gave me right slating, calling me a teller of Porky pies.
For the record Tosh, i've done the job twice more since then and and have even managed to shave another 10 minutes off it.

I never did get an appology from him either  :(

Denzle

rosskesava

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 09:07:22 pm »
Hi Windows

I've a shaved head already...... 

A picture of me? Some things I will not do. My missus goes nuts because I hate my picture being taken. It's probably got something to do with me being ugly.

I think as I appologised to UBA1 you should appologise to Denzle and shave your head......  ;D

Also, a normal posting from Graham. He's probably drunk or floating in the clouds.  ;D

Hi Shiner

When we first had commercial work I can remember arranging it all for one day and we wondered if we could do it in that one day. It was then just 15 jobs.

Now we do over 40 on the same day and one job which we thought then (2 years ago) was a long job, it took about 45 minutes, we now do in under 10.

Cheers

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 09:26:46 pm »
Some months ago, i posted something about doing a block of flats in 3hrs, and how much it was worth.
If i remember rightly Tosh gave me right slating, calling me a teller of Porky pies.
For the record Tosh, i've done the job twice more since then and and have even managed to shave another 10 minutes off it.

Denzle

Denzle,

I remember that posting; it started off the extremely popular 'How to earn £200 a day' thread.

I believe what you said and I never stated you were lying.

The background to it was, it was winter, windy and someone posted a thread titled 'WEATHER'.  And all you put was something like, 'Yeah, got really windy, finished work at 10.00 am.  Still, never mind, earned £250'.

It was triggered by one of your posts (and I can get the links and quotes if you'd like to disagree).

I never directly called you a liar.  Just a 'show-off' and said posts like that should be a bit more constructive, and gave my reasons for it in a logical order. 

However, after just reading some of your back-posts, it seems my criticism must have worked, as your recent posts are really informative and you appear to be one of the cream of the window cleaning fraternity.

However, I won't 'shave my head' for pulling you about your show-off post!  There's no need.  You were just being a big-head and deserved a good 'yanking'.

Regards,

Tosh.

UBA1

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 09:48:23 pm »

Denzle

Denzle,

I remember that posting; it started off the extremely popular 'How to earn £200 a day' thread.

I believe what you said and I never stated you were lying.

The background to it was, it was winter, windy and someone posted a thread titled 'WEATHER'.  And all you put was something like, 'Yeah, got really windy, finished work at 10.00 am.  Still, never mind, earned £250'.

It was triggered by one of your posts (and I can get the links and quotes if you'd like to disagree).

I never directly called you a liar.  Just a 'show-off' and said posts like that should be a bit more constructive, and gave my reasons for it in a logical order. 

However, after just reading some of your back-posts, it seems my criticism must have worked, as your recent posts are really informative and you appear to be one of the cream of the window cleaning fraternity.

However, I won't 'shave my head' for pulling you about your show-off post!  There's no need.  You were just being a big-head and deserved a good 'yanking'.

Regards,

Tosh.

Glad you said yanking ;D

Work hard, be optimistic about crictisim, be open minded, and you`ll earn more! Maybe not my £40 ish per hour, but hey, you WILL earn more!

The people i train earn no less than £25 an hour doing trad. I`m now WFPing and only earning £25 ish per hour >:( :( But i`m a newbie with this, so in time my aim is to do £50+ or i`m really gonna get a bo***ck ache >:(

Thanks for apologies by the way.

PS.... did my sliding french doors, in 12 secs! I`m coming for ya Terry ;D

Regards Steve

denzle

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 09:42:45 pm »
Quote ~ However, after just reading some of your back-posts, it seems my criticism must have worked, as your recent posts are really informative and you appear to be one of the cream of the window cleaning fraternity.

Why thankyou for your kind words Tosh, That's probably because i'm a moderator on another site.... you know the one we mustn't mention here  :(

Denzle

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005, 06:51:55 pm »
Quote ~ However, after just reading some of your back-posts, it seems my criticism must have worked, as your recent posts are really informative and you appear to be one of the cream of the window cleaning fraternity.

Why thankyou for your kind words Tosh, That's probably because i'm a moderator on another site.... you know the one we mustn't mention here  :(

Denzle

Denzle,

No problem, Mate.  Credit where credit's due!

Still, must be pretty easy to moderate on 'the site we can't mention'.  It's pretty quiet there! ;)

Regards,

Tosh

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005, 07:07:11 pm »
 ;)hey! uba dont you dare throw down the glove ;D cause I will pick it up and chuck it in ya bucket!

Terry

The burning Rubber man ;D
is it a bird,or a plane. no its just me cleaning windas  again ;D
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 08:33:00 pm »
Can we have an apology from everyone who spells apology with two P's? ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Re: An appology to UBA1 New
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 11:09:48 pm »
Why thankyou for your kind words Tosh, That's probably because i'm a moderator on another site.... you know the one we mustn't mention here 

Denzle

Denzle,

Just had a re-read of your post - and from it, it could be construed that I paid you a compliment because you're a moderator on another extremely quiet site, that doesn't have too many members.  No chance. 

Then you've got another moderator, Tim (who I thought was one of the 'better ones'), who two days ago PM'd me saying he didn't live too far from me and threatened to 'punch Wor Lass so hard in the stomache, that she wouldn't have any more of my kids'

I don't even know why he did; I wasn't baiting him.

He apologised the next day, saying he'd drunk too much and 'did a Vince'. 

I didn't really care though.  He's obviously another git (I'm self moderating my language here). 

I accepted his apology and cancelled my membership of the 'forum we can't mention', because there's too many idiots of the highest order there; many of whom have a chip on their shoulder about this site.

rosskesava

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2005, 11:19:51 pm »
I stopped bothering with the other forum also when I got a strange pm from a suppossed moderator that was garbled abusive clap trash about transporting the dead because we drive around in an ex hearse and just how sick in the head we were.

It makes me wonder ...............

I'm just glad that doesn't happen here. All the pm's I've recieved from this forum have been all ok.

Hi Malc G

Ok. I appollogise.  ;D  There's no spell check thingy.

Apologise is just one of those words like 'professional'.

Cheers