howardcleaners

trailers and traffic wardens
« on: June 03, 2005, 09:07:22 pm »
Hi I have been thinking about the NCP Traffic wardens in my area does any one know the law on parking a trailer on yellow lines as I have been told that I can make a trailer up small 1 and pull walk it around the town with my ladders on and they can not ticket me for this as long as I hide the number plate and park the van up else where going back in time to when there was no cars, as we have the blue devils wardens started less than 2 months ago and today said they have handed out 2500 tickets and thats them taking it easy untill the locals get used to the change, all window cleaners are ticketed with in 1 minute of getting out of the van no loading time. so I been trying to think of a way to beat them anfd carrie on working.  Torbay area

baldeagle

Re: trailers and traffic wardens
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 11:45:19 pm »
I'm no lawyer, but I studied laws of contract for three years when I was a Clerk of Works.

I presume that parking regulations only apply to those vehicles which come within the Road Traffic Act - eg are registered, [thus have a logbook, tax, insurance]; and trailers probably come under the same regulations when connected to a vehicle and fitted with reflectors, lights etc.

It therefore follows that a "trailer" when not so connected is no longer a trailer and becomes a barrow or handcart, etc, and not liable, [except for obstruction, of course].
If it were liable, then so would be a perambulator, pushchair, wheelchair etc.

The only Caveat to all that is; bear in mind that policing and so-called "Traffic Management" nowadays is very little to do with upholding the law, and much to do with grabbing a £60/£80 fine, and getting a pat on the head from the Chief Const, [I think I've abbreviated that correctly], and a dog biscuit!
There - that's my piece!!

Baldeagle in Staffordshire
"John the Window Cleaner."
A business founded during the Elizabethan age.

Londoner

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 08:00:12 am »
I agree with that. If it hasn't got a number plate they can't write a ticket anyway.
Here in London the traffic Wardens have been a nigtmare for years. Thats why you see WCs out at six in the morning in the shopping centers.
I have noticed a lot if German / Dutch / Belgian and French registered vehicles on the roads round here and I don't mean driven by tourists.
The Sri Lankan owner of a "open all hours" corner shop near wher I live has a German registered Mercedes, he parks it outside the shop and the wardens ignore it. He has had it for well over a year now.

Now we are inundated with Polish and Lithuanian cars and they park where they like as well.

marc al

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 03:00:26 pm »
  I believe it is also illegal for traffic wardens to uncover a covered number plate for purposes of issuing a ticket.

howardcleaners

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 10:01:21 pm »
The local council have just got back to me today they and the police have said I can park on yellow lines with a trailer and push bike so NCP get stuffed did a day today and got 8 new people to quote so I just need to load all the yellow lined areas together I will see how it goes the local paper are doing a small story so should be quides in hopefully plus I could do with loseing a few stone.

wayne torbay

howardcleaners

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 02:46:46 pm »
hi i ahve now done a few days out in the town centre and have had picked up 20 new customers and today the local paper has come out and taken a few pictures so free adds as well and the blue devil wardens have been unable to ticket me so they lose i can still carry on working the yellow lined areas.

(just be warned these wardens will be coming your way soon so at lest you can do what i am doing to beat the b------s
wayne in torbay