Does anyone take a dog to work with them?
« on: May 26, 2005, 06:51:14 pm »
Hi all,

I'm not refering to Wor Lass as she'd strangle me if she thought I was, but last night, Wor Cat was ran over by a car. 

Very sad.  Buried her in the back garden, after curling her up in a blanket.  Wor Lass has been crying for most of today!

So... we've a vacancy for a pet.  I fancy a little dog; to keep me company on my rounds when Wor Lass isn't with me (during school holidays - and she's looking after Wor Little un').

So does anyone here work with a dog, and what considerations have you to consider?

Re: Does anyone take a dog to work with them?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 07:14:35 pm »
I've got a catdog which is a cat called Warren named after Warren Barton and he behaves like a dog - follows me down the street - when I park up he comes up to the car and puts his paws up on the drivers door to look inside -  I have to say he's the best dog I ever had - no good at cleaning windows though ;D

replacement

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 07:26:52 pm »
Some people might be abit funny with the dog mess and the dog in there garden, others will love it. Overall I dont think its a good idea thou.

Justin

dustycorner

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 07:29:05 pm »
take my retriever collecting sometimes

Cheers Mark.

mick hay

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 09:15:00 pm »
i got a 8 stone bullmastiff which i intend to take with me, but he will be snoozing on the passenger seat tho,....not venturing into customers gardens!!!

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 09:33:30 pm »
I took my border collie with me once, she got bored and chewed the hand brake handle and the steering wheel, left it at home ever since.
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Jon T.C.

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 03:25:28 pm »
My mate used to take his terrier, used to chase customers cats - even killed one once! Mess on customers gardens and eat his workmates lunchboxes!

There was the odd few old dears who used to like him and give him biscuits, but in my opinion , it looks very un-professional.

Elite Cleaning Solutions

Marc's on the Glass, LLC

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 03:43:24 pm »
Maybe a parrot on the shoulder???  There are men of note who have done that

Duke

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005, 04:31:37 pm »
one of our lad's takes his dog along, and works with his sister too....no problems as far as I know...stays in the Range Rover kipping mostly...it's a Spaniel I think...

cleanthrough

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 05:17:23 pm »
Hello

I have seen several topics on this site that could be classed as non cleaning but this one I have to bring foward

Dogs?, to work?

I only mentioed how uptight one of my customers got when I pecked my friend on the cheek and gave a quick hug and my post was deleted.

No more than most of you would do saying goodbye to a loved one or child

WHY WAS ALL MY GAY POSTS DELELED AND WHY WAS I TOLD BY 2 MODERATERS NOT TO MENTION GAY AGAIN
I THINK SITE SITE IS DISGRACFULL

GET WITH THE TIMES

THIS IS THE WORST FORUM I HAVE COME ACROSS, NO PUN INTENEDED

I goto several sites non gay and they all know I am gay and dont mind, I am sure most of you guys dont mind either and I dont blame the MEMBERS ONE BIT

ADMIN AND MODERATERS HERE ARE OLDMEN STUCK IN THE PAST

I bet this gets edited
I have even posted in the last few days and had a sneaky suspision my posts were being toyed with?

I used to take my dog to work but not window cleaning as it died

Thanks

John

Duke

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2005, 05:27:12 pm »
I'm sorry you had a disagreeable experience on this site John....I, and I'm sure many others don't care if you are gay, straight or green with purple stripes....it's about cleaning, with a bit of well intentioned banter thrown in...Your, or anybody elses sexuality really has nothing to do with it...I know a bit about predjudice..after all, I'm a biker and have lived with it all my life...try and be a little less sensitive maybe...and just stick to cleaning issues...I have to...and it IS worth it for the wealth of experience you can gain from the Pro's that post here. It's a funny old world and it wouldn't do to all be the same.
Regards...Duke.

cleanthrough

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2005, 05:30:19 pm »
Hello

Would I of got the same reaction if this was what I said:

My customer cancled today because:

I am a skinhead

I have a beard

My young lad went collections

I was simply pointing out a grumpy customer and your veiws

As  I said Members were supportive with some great emails of support.

It was the way Adminatration and moderaters took it all out of hand

John

Philip Hanson

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2005, 05:34:15 pm »
ADMIN AND MODERATERS HERE ARE OLD MEN STUCK IN THE PAST

Some call me a whippersnapper, now I'm an old man.

I guess you can't win!

(I'm 29 by the way, and I'd rather be thought of as a whipper snapper)

-Phil
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

Duke

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2005, 05:45:57 pm »
lol...compared to me...you are  :)
(in the age sense...not the cleaning sense)

cleanthrough

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2005, 05:56:58 pm »
Hello

My only joy comes from Phillip must of read my abusive comment to him before he deleted it

I do not understand why this forums owners have choose to outkast so many members

I am off to find a fun forum

Goodbye

John

Duke

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2005, 05:57:35 pm »
C'mon John...dont sulk, Phil is trying to do the best job he can...and I'm sure it's a difficult one sometimes. I expect he gets his brief from above anyway....it can seem over moderated sometimes, and God knows, when I have a bee in my bonnet, I could complain for England...but the fact still remains...there is a wealth of good stuff on here...let's shake and move on , eh ?

cleanthrough

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2005, 06:11:47 pm »
Hello

I Just feel its a shame my posts seemed to be deleted because they mentioned the word "¬gay!

I am happy to kiss and make up
John

Philip Hanson

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2005, 06:15:18 pm »
Your posts were deleted because you became abusive, as they would have been for anyone.

-Phil
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

Duke

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2005, 06:17:41 pm »
mmm....anyway, moving on...

Duke

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2005, 06:33:52 pm »
enough of the 'chip on the shoulder' stuff. Tell us about your round, challenges and methods of work , etc. Share some other (non Gay) relevant stuff with us...they're not a bad bunch of lads really...how do you work ? Customers...questions...even the odd hint or tip...do you use WFP or trad methods ?, what's your opinion of the WAHD legislation ?...whatever....where are you now, and where do you want to be in , say, 12 months time...c'mon, I just know there's more to you (and your partner) than this...give...