des

Re: Dry Carpet Cleaning!!!
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2010, 10:17:33 pm »
Joe i tried the hos orbot at the show and it was hard to move around and that was on a low profile carpet .I would not like to push that around all day
des at mister clean

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2010, 10:27:28 pm »
Joe I was interested but I have desided to go simple (no comments please) and go for lighter machinery don't want to be lifting heavy equipment now I've turned old.

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2010, 10:30:54 pm »
shook and vacced my hall carpet today and wasn't impressed, guessing i did something wrong.

robert meldrum

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2010, 10:55:32 pm »
Rotaries are supposed to be used with a glider disc which makes them move more easily.............having said that,  I found when starting with rotary systems they were more inclined to run away, tan need to be pushed.

I suppose it's like most things... technique's important and has to be learned !

Joe H

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2010, 04:27:02 am »
He Des, try 3 weetabix for breakfast.
Are we talking about the same machine here? I found it very easy to move - as easy as the Cimex I have, and that is easy.
The Hruby literature says it has 2 types of gliders - white for for low profile,  black for med to high.

Shaun - the weight is 82lbs so you not wanting to lift it too often.
but I got a pair of ramps to help with the Cimex (and the Prowler when it needs to come out of the van) so major lifting is covered, and the 10" wheels means it will pull up stairs easier then the Cimex - and I have pulled that up one floor of commercial stairs (more of then then domestic).

Robert - it is not like a rotary in the respect it can run away with you on startup. In fact the Hruby can be left by itself (not that you would want to do it) and it will move from its spot very little and ever so gently. No violent torque reaction. I assume this must be because it has the 2 wheels always on the floor.  The Cimex is the same - no violent movement. The Cimex is the only cc machine that I dont break out in a sweat working it.

Derek - just depends on how bad your hall carpet was, what you used on it, and of course the proceedure you used.

starplus

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2010, 01:32:01 pm »
Couple years ago I had a demo of the Host and the Envirodri a week apart on the same carpet.

My budget would only stretch to a non vac machine, but as the machines are very similar in nature I choose the "better value for money" option which was the Envirodri Gen4, the one I just sold.

I have picked up a 2nd hand Carpetgard which is the same as Flexi 5 but a different colour.
Will be using it this coming week for the first time so cannot comment on its effectiveness yet - apart from it does agitate the carpets the same as the Gen4. Its the vac part I need to try on a typical job carpet.

Hi Joe Hatton,

did you try it? What do you think?
I had a Envirodri Gen4 demo yesterday on our office in London, and I like the system and the machine but my main decision now is vac or no vac, He told me that the best was going to be the Envirodri Gen4 and the sebo duo,
 but if you by the Envirodri Gen4 and the sebo duo is nearly the same money as the flexi 5.
He told us that the flexi 5 is realy heavy?

With the flexi 5 you dont need a sebo duo, the flexi 5 does that?

Many Thanks

Joe H

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2010, 06:31:11 pm »
you talking about the Gen4 and Sebo Duo
Do you mean Sebo B36 as the Duo is a light verson of the Gen4 and you dont really want 2 machines.
I think you mean the B36 which is a vac machine.

The Flexi 5 is a heavier machine, but not too much, just abit more difficult to carry although it has 4 wheels so easier to roll.

If you use sponges as in dry carpet cleaning it probably works very well.
What I wanted it to do is agitate a dry carpet and vac all the gunge at the same time. It doesnt do that - sort of spits it back on the carpet, so still need a vac machine.

Looks well made and easy to remove the brushes to clean.

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2010, 08:40:16 pm »
Hi Joe,

Who sells the HOS in the UK

Many Thanks

Daryl

starplus

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2010, 09:22:59 pm »
you talking about the Gen4 and Sebo Duo
Do you mean Sebo B36 as the Duo is a light verson of the Gen4 and you dont really want 2 machines.
I think you mean the B36 which is a vac machine.

The Flexi 5 is a heavier machine, but not too much, just abit more difficult to carry although it has 4 wheels so easier to roll.

If you use sponges as in dry carpet cleaning it probably works very well.
What I wanted it to do is agitate a dry carpet and vac all the gunge at the same time. It doesnt do that - sort of spits it back on the carpet, so still need a vac machine.

Looks well made and easy to remove the brushes to clean.

Hi Joe Hatton,

so what you mean is even the flexi5 with vac stills need another vac machine ?

Thanks

Joe H

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2010, 06:40:49 am »
I found that the crud the brushes lifts up from the carpet appears to be too big to get to the vacuum chamber - dont forget a vacuum cleaner needs some sort of restricted area to be able to work efficiently.

I am sure however, it will vac dry cleaning sponges when they are dry, as in after a "dry" carpet clean.
After all, that is what they are designed to do - they are fundamentally a dry cleaning machine.

They would need a much more powerful motor, hence more weight, if they were to have a larger area to evacuate.

carpetworx

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2010, 08:23:07 am »
He Des, try 3 weetabix for breakfast.
Are we talking about the same machine here? I found it very easy to move - as easy as the Cimex I have, and that is easy.
The Hruby literature says it has 2 types of gliders - white for for low profile,  black for med to high.

Shaun - the weight is 82lbs so you not wanting to lift it too often.
but I got a pair of ramps to help with the Cimex (and the Prowler when it needs to come out of the van) so major lifting is covered, and the 10" wheels means it will pull up stairs easier then the Cimex - and I have pulled that up one floor of commercial stairs (more of then then domestic).

Robert - it is not like a rotary in the respect it can run away with you on startup. In fact the Hruby can be left by itself (not that you would want to do it) and it will move from its spot very little and ever so gently. No violent torque reaction. I assume this must be because it has the 2 wheels always on the floor.  The Cimex is the same - no violent movement. The Cimex is the only cc machine that I dont break out in a sweat working it.

Derek - just depends on how bad your hall carpet was, what you used on it, and of course the proceedure you used.

what sort of ramps do you use for the cimex? and do you find the cimex handle grips uncomfortable after a whlie?

starplus

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2010, 10:34:49 am »
I found that the crud the brushes lifts up from the carpet appears to be too big to get to the vacuum chamber - dont forget a vacuum cleaner needs some sort of restricted area to be able to work efficiently.

I am sure however, it will vac dry cleaning sponges when they are dry, as in after a "dry" carpet clean.
After all, that is what they are designed to do - they are fundamentally a dry cleaning machine.

They would need a much more powerful motor, hence more weight, if they were to have a larger area to evacuate.

Hi Joe Hatton,

many thanks for your help,
so do you think that will be better get the Gen4 and sebo?

Thanks

derek west

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2010, 10:37:34 am »
gen 4 is the dogs doodahs, apparantly ;)

james roffey

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2010, 10:49:22 am »
gen 4 is the dogs doodahs, apparantly ;)

Maybe so never used anything else, but hate having to scrap all the crud out after every job :-X

robert meldrum

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2010, 11:41:50 am »
I've been commenting on o/p machines for at least three years on here and how they are growing in popularity "across the pond". The main difference between o/p and standard rotary is that o/p machines will not distort carpet pile as they have an aggitating motion similar to an oscillating sander and if used properly ( right pad for carpet type ) give pretty amazing results.
Not suggesting they are better than H/W/E .............but, if I was starting in this business I would be looking at the method of cleaning that would offer ; -

THE HIGHEST PROFITABILITY
EASE OF USE
DELIVER EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
REQUIRE A COMPACT ( EASY ACCESS / LOW RUNNING COST VEHICLE / POSSIBLY DUAL PURPOSE )
MINIMAL MAINTENANCE ON MACHINERY
OFFER THE MOST PRODUCTIVE USE OF TIME

Joe H

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2010, 04:51:59 pm »
Starplus
If you want to dig up the rubbish in the carpet then Gen4 will do it very well.
If then you want to vac it up then I would get the Sebo BS36 or BS46, or the Lindhaus vac cleaner.
The Flexi 5 I think would be great on dry carpet cleaning granules/sponges.

Carpetworx
The ramps I use are 2 individual ramps and about 5' long. Will easily take the weight of the Cimex, and hopefully my Prowler when that has to come out of the van.
Re the handles, not really bothered me, but I suppose you could put some foam grips on to help.

Robert
Oscillating Pad machines are big in the USA, that Hruby really impressed me. The guy selling them from UK Cleaning Systems tells me they easily outperform a rotary. If you could get the right amount of commercial work I reckon it would tick all your boxes.

starplus

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2010, 07:19:33 pm »
Starplus
If you want to dig up the rubbish in the carpet then Gen4 will do it very well.
If then you want to vac it up then I would get the Sebo BS36 or BS46, or the Lindhaus vac cleaner.
The Flexi 5 I think would be great on dry carpet cleaning granules/sponges.

Carpetworx
The ramps I use are 2 individual ramps and about 5' long. Will easily take the weight of the Cimex, and hopefully my Prowler when that has to come out of the van.
Re the handles, not really bothered me, but I suppose you could put some foam grips on to help.

Robert
Oscillating Pad machines are big in the USA, that Hruby really impressed me. The guy selling them from UK Cleaning Systems tells me they easily outperform a rotary. If you could get the right amount of commercial work I reckon it would tick all your boxes.

Hi Joe Hatton,

What I want do do is use the Gen4 with sponges (Dry carpet Cleaning).

I want a esy machine for our cleaners at the moment we need always 2 cleaners to work with our 400 Psi ninjas.

what they told me was:
First vac all the area .with bs36.
then aply the sponges.
then pass the Gen4.
and then vac the dry sponges with bs36.

Is this the right procedure or not?

Many Thanks 

Joe H

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2010, 07:47:25 pm »
Yes right proceedure, but you have to wait for the sponges to dry before you vac up. The Sebo BS36 wont like wet like any vac wont like wet (unless it is a wet vac ;))

Like I said, if you doing dry carpet cleaning with sponges or granules the Flexi 5 should be ok and means only 1 machine being used rather then 2.

Agitate and vac at the same time
apply sponges
agitate (no vac)
wait for sponges to do job and dry
agitate and vac

starplus

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2010, 09:40:54 pm »
Yes right proceedure, but you have to wait for the sponges to dry before you vac up. The Sebo BS36 wont like wet like any vac wont like wet (unless it is a wet vac ;))

Like I said, if you doing dry carpet cleaning with sponges or granules the Flexi 5 should be ok and means only 1 machine being used rather then 2.

apply sponges
agitate (no vac)
agitate and vac

Hi Joe Hatton

does the sebo bs36 Agitate and vac at the same time?

Regards

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2010, 10:12:59 pm »

apply sponges
agitate (no vac)
agitate and vac

Hi Joe Hatton

does the sebo bs36 Agitate and vac at the same time?

Regards

The bs36 is a for dry vacuuming only, dont use it after you have applied pre-spray