Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Tips on improved drying times?
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2005, 10:57:43 pm »
He who laughs last o o er owes you sweet nothing, nothing at all ll ll, I owe you nothing, nothing...  Bros 1987

darrenlee

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2005, 02:12:55 am »
i find towel drying, after extraction. + heat on , window open
like some of u said depending on outside conditions.
bit like donkey work, but gets result + customer loves it.
they pay i do !!!!!

Dave_Lee

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2005, 01:43:39 pm »
Martin,
Dont be so deep, open up, if you are really making a good, full time. living exclusively using a dry compound system, then all credit to you. Personally I wouldnt have thought this was possible, all those that have tried it in my area have never lasted very long. The only ones who persist with that system are part timers, just out for a few extra sods.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

James Jacob

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2014, 12:59:38 pm »
Just a question... why do they not make heated Turbodryers/fans? seems more logical to be able to blow warm air onto surfaces that need drying rather than cold air?
Like for example... nobody would put a load of washing into a dryer & dry with "Cold" air... & clothes & everything are fine with drying this way... would it not be the same for carpets & upholstery?
Warm air = faster drying? surely

john martin

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2014, 05:03:53 pm »
Just a question... why do they not make heated Turbodryers/fans? seems more logical to be able to blow warm air onto surfaces that need drying rather than cold air?
Like for example... nobody would put a load of washing into a dryer & dry with "Cold" air... & clothes & everything are fine with drying this way... would it not be the same for carpets & upholstery?
Warm air = faster drying? surely

Perhaps possible on a low speed  ....  i wouldn't expect a heated 1hp snail dryer ...
would take a lot of heat power to keep up  ... think that a hairdryer i 2000w and you can barely feel the heat of flow a meter away .
Other than that  , might not be good to have direct heat on certain things . 

.. that Dynafoam guy had some good vintage posts  ... dont tell me hes some guy on CT now or i might regret saying that  :-X

James Jacob

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2014, 05:36:32 pm »
What about a 3kw industrial heater fan directed into the air intake side of the snail dryer? do you think that may work? :) Surely warm air movement around a room would be better to dry carpets & upholstery rather than cold air?
I would imagine it would dry everything much quicker? what do you guys think?

*Hector*

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2014, 05:50:00 pm »
Well John... dynafoam is ...............

John Bolton one of the head honcho's on CT..  ;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

john martin

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2014, 06:21:24 pm »
Well John... dynafoam is ...............

John Bolton one of the head honcho's on CT..  ;D ;D

No way ! :-X     Now he just rattles on about Mpower and cold water like the rest of them ... sad     

john martin

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2014, 06:24:07 pm »
What about a 3kw industrial heater fan directed into the air intake side of the snail dryer? do you think that may work? :) Surely warm air movement around a room would be better to dry carpets & upholstery rather than cold air?
I would imagine it would dry everything much quicker? what do you guys think?

I think you might melt the side of your dryer  :)  and still blow out cold air , but do give it a go .
There might be something to be said for having a couple of 3kw heaters plugged in to cold unheated houses in winter just to raise the ambient temp in the rooms you were doing .

James Jacob

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2014, 06:33:26 pm »
The only thing ive found so far is this... http://youtu.be/tUBYxZSWjLA

john martin

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2014, 06:45:06 pm »
The only thing ive found so far is this... http://youtu.be/tUBYxZSWjLA

Interesting ... i wonder is that heater gas ?   looks like hes doing a good job for extra fast drying alright

john martin

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2014, 06:49:11 pm »

Found this ... add on heater for snail dryer .  Oh but the cost !!!

http://www.steam-brite.com/hydroforce-mb240lp-etes-volt-smart-mover-heater-free-shipping-heater-p-11760.html

James Jacob

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2014, 10:39:41 pm »
Yes lol... the price is totally out of proportion for what it is & what it does...
i think the same effect could be recreated using a 3kw heater & correct positioning... towards the intake of the snail blower... like maybe 1 1/2 - 2 ft away from it?
i just think drying times would be even quicker with the heat... thats all :)
maybe even throw in a dehumidifier to the room?

Mark Goddard

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2014, 08:29:36 am »

I've got a couple of absorbent bonnets that I use on my Victor 300 post HWE, saves brushing out the wand marks too.

David Ware

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2014, 10:29:57 am »
Just realised this topic started in 2005 and its peeing with rain now
David

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2014, 12:36:01 am »
I used to learn a lot of John B but somtimes i wondered where did he look that up  to become the authorative figure.

Interesting about Bane  saying an extra drying pass cuts an hours drying time   I wonder where the proof of that is.

In theory 12 passes and carpet will be dry when we leave. If i thought that to be true I would do that. but charge an extra £50 for that service?

So if you cleaned a carpet  put turbo drier or driers on and then had rthe aprentice doing drying passes with another machine for say an hour  would carpet be dry?

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2014, 12:49:15 am »
no

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2014, 12:59:34 am »
The dry passes need to be made soon after the wet pass is made.

Going over the entire carpet again with dry passes isn't going to do much unless you over saturated the carpet in the first place.

One of the many good things about the airflex is that you get to see the waste water being pulled from the carpet. I have experimented a few times going very slowly over damp carpet.

JandS

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2014, 10:27:53 am »
Yes I've tried it by going over a section with a hand tool very slowly...if you have done it right not a lot more comes out with hand tool.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2014, 10:51:06 am »
Well yes on my powerbrush you can see when water stops coming out. but going over it you are still putting air over carpet which could help to dry?

I have done this but have not noticed much difference just interested in the Bane theory