vangaurd

london
« on: June 05, 2007, 09:18:31 am »
morning all, just got back from london , 25th wedding anivesary,
stayed in top london hotel,
hotel manager offered me next contract to clean chairs and matteress in all rooms, and carpets when needed, would give me a free reigh
i explained it was a big commitment to make, the travel and parking
as i would have to spend so much time away from home .
oh well back to my £30.00 jobs!
another potential millionair has fell by the wayside.

fletch

Re: london
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 09:27:25 am »
I'm sure he could give you a room for the night and supply the parking, while you carry out the cleaning?
DIVIDE & CONQUER

lands

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 10:53:59 am »
You could sub it out to me if you like and I'll give you 20% of job for doing nothing bar a few phone calls

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 06:59:02 pm »
Vanguard I didnt think you were with us anymore??? Where are you from? I know you must be near me in Cramlington? Im always turning work down in your area. If you want i can refer it on to your good self? Let me know, John

vangaurd

calling skywalker
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 07:05:14 pm »
hi mate thanks for your offer email me your number,
my email is roche@blueyonder.co.uk and i will give you a buzz
many thanks. tony

stevegunn

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 07:12:27 pm »
Skywalker you must be aquakleen in northumberland are you?

ianharper

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 08:31:58 am »
vangaurd

your mad -)

If it was me i would have got hold of as many cheap secondhand HWE and employed some local polish workers, spent half a day doing an induction with them, and traveled by train each day after dropping equipment the first day.

think outside the box, you don't have to do everything the way that you do at the moment. If they carpets etc where not that bad the low moisture would have been an option.

just remember that you should work on your business and not in it! if you clean each day then it can be hard to switch on to this when these jobs come up. your the expert and as long as you supervise no one will have problem with that. what do you think happens on big contacts, i have worked for companies that give a bonnet pad to some old lady and product and they clean. no business give a dame about how or who does the work as long as the dirt is gone.

This is the second post that i have commented on to day that reminds me how many organsations in carpet cleaning,  is letting its us down, (after all there's money to be made) as they are not teaching them to be business owner but great self employed carpet cleaners. if they did much more of the attitude above would filter down to us. Not one organisation in carpet cleaning provides a service on how to build a business, one reason is that the people that reach this goal keep it to themselves, i don't know if its fear or self centered?

Respect

Ian Harper