squeaky

Truckmount/portable servicing
« on: March 20, 2004, 02:12:56 pm »
Who services/repairs their own truckmount or portable ?

Or perhaps gets someone local to do it rather than take it to service centre etc. >:(

Just wondered as I have always serviced my Blazer and my portables and never had problems (other than self inflicted stupidity !!  ???) ie letting the frost get to the machines etc :-[ :'(

Mark ;)
Part time (mornings) window cleaning/ suites and rugs in sunny Spain and loving it.

Dynafoam

Re: Truckmount/portable servicing
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 03:07:23 pm »
Mark,

I have always built and serviced my own machines, whether porty or TM.

Even if I were using an 'off-the-shelf' machine I would do my own service/repair - not only for the added confidence but because repairs are always an emergency and I can work overnight when other options are unavailable.

John.

PS. That machine you are bidding for on Ebay - lots of space within the case for add-ons and the fold-out handle is great for loading/stairs !

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 05:49:41 pm »
Mark

I normally do my own services and repairs be it porty/tm.  Only once did I leave tm in the hands of a local BS agent that was over Christmas as I was going away and need back asap, never again they quoted one figure the charged me twice as much, two days late the problem re-appeared oil coming out where the dipstick goes into the crankcase, sorted now by me.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Ivar_Haglund

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 11:52:31 pm »
where I live I have no choice but to service all my own

Keep many spare parts around belts hoses QDs

Pump kits gaskets only takes a 10 Kroner part to cost you 1000s is lost income.

IVAR