Radek Jablonski

Magic service New
« on: March 14, 2013, 07:32:33 pm »
Hi

I got service done to my machine. When I got the machine I opened it and in my opinion there was nothing done.
There should be done service to the pump and others.
Think that there should be some signs of service like finger marks, some dust removed/touched with the hands etc. and I can not see anything like that.
Any dirt and dust visible is the same in the same amount on the whole inside of the machine.
I was charged for the service but can not see any service.
Some magic service was done?

I touched the black elbow just over the pump. Think that this machine schould be full of that kind of marks.

I was told: "we do not leave fingerprints inside an machine when we are working that would not be professional"
also the inside was not cleand, so any dirt is "original"

There is no comapany named and should not be for now, just looking for your opinion guys.

Len Gribble

Re: magic service
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 07:39:56 pm »
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 07:46:31 pm »
thanks, got it

john martin

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 07:51:22 pm »

Its a three motored Jag !    it probably passed the test by just working ...

But what did you expect them to do  ,  what did you pay for ?

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 07:55:03 pm »
paid for the parts and labour

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 07:59:13 pm »
It must be a jag, there's no fan....

thought the jag only had two 6.6's though?

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 08:02:38 pm »
no matter what machine it is
just looking for opinion what you think, was there any service or was not?

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 08:17:10 pm »
lol hard say for sure Radek! It is pretty manky in there and your right, you'd think you'd see slightly cleaner parts.

A quick wipe down would have only taken 5 minutes, I dont know why a tech wouldn't clean the inside of the machine. All part of the service if you ask me.

How much did you pay for the service?

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 08:24:52 pm »
machine wasn't cleaned due to keep the cost down (this is what I was told)
so if was not cleaned there should be signs of service
I paid 117 for the Pump Repair Kit, Regulator Repair Kit and 1h labour, just can not see this job done. Can not check for the parts replacement as the pump can not be opened without another seals replacement etc.
Can the job be done within 1hr doing replacement of all those parts?

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 08:32:08 pm »
The regulator pin replacement takes about 5 minutes.

The pump seals, washer and plunger replacements maybe about 30 minutes to an hour. Hard to say really. Depends how quick you are.

You could do al these jobs yourself and keep the cost right down :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/pumptec763

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 08:34:43 pm »
Is it really their job to clean your machine for you?
I don't think so. If they have replaced the parts then you got what your paid for IMO.

Simon

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 08:37:49 pm »
a quick wipe down would take 5 minutes and give a like new apperance resulting in a happier customer. As you can see Radek isn't a happy customer bescause it still looks like a mess. Hence why he thinks nothing has been done.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 08:46:12 pm »
Depends whether an interior clean is part of the service, surely. ???
Simon

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 08:54:24 pm »
a quick wipe down would take 5 minutes and give a like new apperance resulting in a happier customer. As you can see Radek isn't a happy customer bescause it still looks like a mess. Hence why he thinks nothing has been done.

did not ask for cleaning and that's good it wasn't clean, thanks to this I can see if anything was done, this condition lets me think there was no job done

Mark Slaney

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 09:57:32 pm »

Why would there be any dirty finger prints all over the place? the outside of the pump isn't greasy. The head would have been removed and seals, shaft etc would have been replaced out of the machine on a bench or desk probably. Does the pump work ok? can you alter the psi? Don't think the company in question are that bad!!

Chris Straker

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 10:18:18 pm »
My van comes back from a service and if it had fingerprints all over it then I would be annoyed ...... thought everyone wore gloves now !!

Maybe I should moan if they don't give it a valet while it's in there  ::)roll

Seems odd that you would take it apart if it works ......... may as well have done repair yourself, as you clearly have the tools  :-\

john martin

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 10:23:35 pm »

Perhaps what hes saying is ... if the pumphead was handled the grime on it should show hand marks or be wiped off ...

Its hard to tell from pics ...

This is whats involved ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrbJInHyW-E

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 10:29:51 pm »
  Why would there be any dirty finger prints all over the place? the outside of the pump isn't greasy. The head would have been removed and seals, shaft etc would have been replaced out of the machine on a bench or desk probably. Does the pump work ok? can you alter the psi? Don't think the company in question are that bad!!

read the johns post
how can you open the pump covers without not wiping any dirt off it?

Chris, sorry but your post are invisible form me, you now why.
and when I say fingerprint I do not mean fingerprint on the car or similar, it is about dirt been wiped

Machine works and was working before, service was done without my permission (longer story).

peter maybury

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 10:38:41 pm »
I think that every one is missing what is being said, if parts were removed from the machine and it was not cleaned then there would be signs of disturbance on the dirt that is there. I do  lot of servicing on equipment and the first thing that you do on opening up a machine is clean it out. This stops you getting tools, your hands you work bench etc from getting dirty in the first place. The other thing is that anybody with any knowledge whatsoever about electrics would also clean all the crap from any wiring motors etc because of the potential problems that is causes. No professional would open a machine up without doing that. It does not need to be a "job" common sense or proffessional pride should not allow you to do anything else, it takes no time what so ever.
Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com

Mark Slaney

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 11:09:26 pm »

I'm sorry but just because the pump head hasn't had a polish you can't say for definite that the pump seals haven't been replaced. Is it loose dirt? A lot of those marks look age related. How old is the machine?