darren Jones

Why Why Why i hate september
« on: October 01, 2010, 08:20:15 pm »

September will not be missed a brief overview

Motor in machine failed
2 weeks later pump went
lost my website as a result of employing some crap seo company who got me penalized on google for how long i dont know.

ordered new batch of leaflets which the courier left outside in the flippin rain (soaked and wrinkled).

Had not one call in a week apart from the federation of small businesses who i told to foxtrot oscar

Bye Bye september

Len Gribble

Re: Why Why Why i hate september
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 08:42:45 pm »
That’s life! I lost £20k of contract work and your moaning! Move on! Can’t wait for the New Year they will be like viv spend spend all to do with budgets
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 08:45:53 pm »
Motor in machine failed
2 weeks later pump went
lost my website as a result of employing some crap seo company who got me penalized on google for how long i dont know.
ordered new batch of leaflets which the courier left outside in the flippin rain (soaked and wrinkled).

I don't know how to break this to you mate, but I just clicked on your website link off your personal profile and that just brought up a blank page.
I can understand google taking you off their search facilities but your website should still be there.

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 10:27:40 pm »
Motor in machine failed
2 weeks later pump went

I don't know how to break this to you mate, but I just clicked on your website link off your personal profile and that just brought up a blank page.
I can understand google taking you off their search facilities but your website should still be there.

Thats right Neil, google cant stop people entering the url and seeing the website, its just a search engine and nothing more.

Warren Aldridge

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 11:26:56 pm »
Darren, I would advise you get rid of your SEO company or website builder.

Your site looks to be a flash site which means that the text isnt actually readable apart from

Carpet Cleaners Stockport, Carpet Cleaners Manchester, Carpet Cleaner, Carpet Cleaners, Oven Cleaning, Oven Cleaner Manchester, Oven Cleaners Stockport, Oven Cleaners, Professional Oven Cleaning, Wilmslow, Alderley Edge, Hazel Grove, Heaten Moor, Great Moor, Sale, Altrincham, Hazel Grove, Oldham, Didsbury, Fallowfield, Knutsford, Mobberley, Mere

Which is not enough content to get any sort of ranking , apart from not being enough you may be penalised for the term Cleaners.
Your URLs are also too long.

There are 100's of things wrong I can see at a glance

I dont know what these guys are upto but they've done a horrible job on the mechanics of the site.

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 11:37:23 pm »
The site is one of the worst I've ever seen. Sorry to break it to you darren, but you need to bin it big time.

Mark

Warren Aldridge

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 11:48:34 pm »
The site is one of the worst I've ever seen. Sorry to break it to you darren, but you need to bin it big time.

Mark

I was going to say the same thing. Easily the worst "professional" site I've ever seen. These guys must be the enterprise cleaning of the WWW

garry22

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 12:38:42 pm »

Neil,

Darren has used a capital "D" in his profile. It's there if you use a small "d".

The site has not been de indexed but as the others have said, it's not got much chance of ranking highly.

Whoever built it has done some really weird stuff including hidden layers with outgoing links. ????

I would tend to agree that it's a binning job rather than just changing a few things. Sorry.

Matt Seymour

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 01:26:45 pm »
Surely that's not a professionally built site?

It can't be.

John Milnes

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 08:49:55 pm »
Seems your not in control of your business??

Pump fails...don't know what to do!

Motor fails ......mmm....don't know what to do!

You seem to rely on a website which should be a window to your business but is more or less a blank page.

A CC website would I think take perhaps a week to work on. Telling peops what you do, how you do it and what they need to know....adding photo's and information and keeping it tidy.
You take the info about your buisiness and how to present it to the web designer.

You'v put  a website on tinternet that you won't get work from....that also says oven cleaning on the home page :o

Although the website is there, you don't seem to be aware of it ;D

Doug Holloway

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 10:48:27 pm »
Hi Guys

I think Darren is saying he employed a company to SEO his already built site and they managed to get it penalised.

I do agree though that starting again is probably best!

Cheers

doug