T_W_CONTRACTS

Thinking of starting up on my own.
« on: July 17, 2007, 01:57:44 pm »
Hi All

Been cleaning windows for 20 years and although i been a sub-contractor for most of this time i have been with the same firm through out, they got the work i invoiced them and get payed.
However i have just been informed that we are losing lots of work and the main contracts i have relied on for years  :(  so i was thinking of going it totaly alone but i am a bit aprehensive that it wont work out for me and cant afford to mess about with 4 kids to feed and clothe .

Any advice would be appreciated, ;)
stay safe and never take risk's

*Chris Browne

Re: Thinking of starting up on my own.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 02:21:23 pm »
Go for it mate, dont spend the rest of your days wishing you did't have a go ;)

Chris

The Great One

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 05:03:47 pm »
Hi

Would you like to be on your deathbed, and wonder what might of been, or would you rather know you did your best and gave it your best?

You owe it to yourself & your children to go for it, and for them to know that you did your best for them.

That goes for all of us.

Good luck

Regards

Martin 8)

Fox

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 06:45:28 am »
Hi

As you are already effectively 'on your own' as a sub contractor I don't see any reason why you can't keep what work they haven't lost and look for other work at the same time.

I am assuming you are a bonified sub contractor so why no approach local cleaning firms and ask if you could quote for their work also.

Good luck
Fox

mike peters

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 01:06:32 pm »
see www.roof-coaters.com   there are many ways to skin a cat.... MP
agents wanted in all areas