TVCS

Wooden floor stripping and polishing.
« on: June 06, 2010, 04:19:07 pm »
Well hello there guys and gals.

just a quick question.  We have recently won a contract to manage the cleaning of a large pub.  Part of the contract is to strip and apply a polish to a small patch of wooden flooring in the main bar area.  At the moment it looks pretty bad and the management have not been too happy with the current cleaning company's attempts to get a shine on it.  ( they have been just re-coating with polish, and the shine lasts for about a day).

I would like to know if anyone can recommend a really good durable polish that I can put down and know the floor will keep its shine for a while. 

In the past I have used a Carefree polish on a vinyl floor.  Not bad results but the shine soon faded. 

Any advice greatly received.

Thanks
Ant
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

Len Gribble

Re: Wooden floor stripping and polishing.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 04:34:13 pm »
Give Amtech a call 0845 130 4755
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

trevor perry

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 05:33:39 pm »
floor polish will just soak into the wood if the surface is worn so it may need a proper floor seal first there are many makes ie bourneseal but take into consideration drying time of the product bourneseal takes about 8 hours to dry, there are now faster drying products if you do a search, before sealing the floor it will need scrubbing properly and depending on condition may even need sanding first.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

TVCS

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 07:42:29 am »
thanks for the replies. 
The wood surface looks really.
I just want to apply a really good hard wearing polish.  Drying time will be limited due to the fact the pub is open from 12 noon every day and we cant get in there any earlier than 7:30 am.

Thanks again for the replies.
Ant
TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)