TVCS

Quote / tender help
« on: June 01, 2010, 03:10:25 pm »
Hi guys.  Hope we are all well.

Had a site visit for a office that has asked us to tender for their cleaning requirements for the next 3 years.  A good job that we hope to get. 
Anyway my querie is this.  On the paperwork that was sent out with the tendering pack is a sheets for us to fill in our details and our final quote. 

One section is  titled  "CHARGES"   

Then there is a section titled " LABOUR ALLOCATION" .  would I be right in thinking this is for us to put how many operatives and how many hours?

Sorry if this seems pretty obvious stuff but all the other contracts we have entered into we have just had to put our price in that includes labour materials et al. 

Hope this makes sense to someone. 
Cheers
Ant
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

Pristine Clean

Re: Quote / tender help
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 04:23:23 pm »
Yes.

Labour allocations is you staffing cost. Including NI, Insurance, Uniform costs.

If you have not done many Tenders before they want to know where every penny is going and WHY!

Tendering is not just a case of here our price £15,000 - 5,000 per year x 3

They want to know how you have arrived at that price. You may also have an (acceptable) % in which you are allowed to increase the price as well.

My advice is to read it carefully. You will also need to supply an introduction of your company, why you are suitable candiate for the above works, i.e. experience, teams, equipment...

Hope this is of some help.

PS You will need to be competitive here....
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

TVCS

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 09:51:41 pm »
Pristine thanks for your reply.

WE have done a few tenders in the past and have been lucky enough to win the contracts but this one was worded and set out slightly different to the others.   We won a tender last week to manage the cleaning of a very big pub that is a stones throw from these premises so would love to win this one too and if we do we will have to look to employ some staff.   Finally we can see a speck of light at the end of the long tunnel.   ;D

Got a couple of days to put our price together.   So be prepared for some last minute panick posts.  ( only joking)

Thanks again.
Ant

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 01:23:55 am »
wish u well ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

TVCS

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 08:05:23 pm »
Cheers Gav.

TVCS

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 06:11:42 pm »
Now we play the waiting game...........

AHHH the waiting game sucks, lets play Hungry Hungry Hippo's

TVCS

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 01:02:51 pm »
found  out today that we didn't get the contract.  They are staying with their current cleaners as they were slightly cheaper than us.

Not too bothered really as I would not want to do the work for any less than what we quoted for.
 Out of the 2 jobs we tendered for last week we got the more profitable one so still pretty pleased.

At least they had the decency to let us know.