danno

oak floor cleaning
« on: July 31, 2014, 08:02:13 pm »
First time cleaning an oak floor can anyone please give me some advice on the best way to go about it?  Thanks :)

Tadgh O Shea

Re: oak floor cleaning
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 09:38:34 pm »
Hi Danno, we would use waffle microfiber floor cloths impregnated with a neutral pH floor cleaner and proceed to flat mop the oak floor, just make sure when mopping oak floors that your micro floor cloth or pads are used just damp.

danno

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 06:00:09 pm »
Thanks for the reply. So would it need to be buffed after cleaning?

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 09:50:36 pm »
Hi Danno, if your just cleaning the floor flat mopping as suggested should be fine, if your customer wants a shine on the floor by all means you can then buff it for a better finish.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 08:13:04 pm »
Just be sure it's lacquered and not an oiled floor. The melamine pads will remove the oil in my experience.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 08:37:10 pm »
Hi Jamie, i did not see melamine pads mentioned anywhere on this did you.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 09:22:30 pm »
No I didn't. Well corrected.

I sell a floor cleaning by ENJO do my domestic customers as a premium aftercare system. You need to be careful with their microfibre as they can also remove oil from wood if you choose the wrong available fibre so it's worth testing to make sure you have the right application.

All of this is only applicable if the wood is oiled rather than lacquered. If it is oiled I would be more inclined to go with a wood soap as a neutral cleaner will remove oil based soils and the impregnation oil.

Again this will only apply if it's oiled wood.