Dazzler3370

Re: Hot or cold, let the battle commence lol
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2019, 08:32:06 pm »
If I didn't have hot water, a wouldn't have been able to clean some of my customers connys today as they were frozen. Thats enough of a reason for me. It keeps me working.

Dazzler  ;D
Dazzler

Dry Clean

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2019, 10:08:26 pm »
If I didn't have hot water, a wouldn't have been able to clean some of my customers connys today as they were frozen. Thats enough of a reason for me. It keeps me working.

Dazzler  ;D
Are you for real, if on the rare occasion when we get a frozen conny you still need to out cleaning them then its not hot water that you need, up your prices and stop wasting money would be my advice.

Jonny 87

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2019, 10:14:51 pm »

Dazzler  ;D
Are you for real, if on the rare occasion when we get a frozen conny you still need to out cleaning them then its not hot water that you need, up your prices and stop wasting money would be my advice.

5 or 6 days this year already I’ve been cleaning frozen windows in Scotland, melt the ice off, clean, job done.

Your barely a semiretired / part time window cleaner. Not everyone has your luxury. Although you are nearing retirement age which is a downside.

;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

NWH

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2019, 12:14:35 am »
He can’t afford hot water so all he does is says is Hot isn’t necessary

Dry Clean

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2019, 04:26:32 am »

Dazzler  ;D

5 or 6 days this year already I’ve been cleaning frozen windows in Scotland, melt the ice off, clean, job done.

Your barely a semiretired / part time window cleaner. Not everyone has your luxury. Although you are nearing retirement age which is a downside.

;D
Well I suppose melting the ice of glass is something you didn't say Vision could do so at last you have found something that doesn't contradict your need to use hot, that said it's still sad that you can't afford to miss a few days when it's water freezing on glass temps.

Stoots

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2019, 06:40:47 am »
It was the coldest day of the year yesterday for me.

Minius 1 when started on the glass.

But still only had freezing on 1 house porch, the rest of the day no problems.

There's no point getting hot water. It freezes at 0 degrees just the same as cold does so if we are putting water on a house or the floor whether it's hot or cold and it's munus temps. It's going to freeze.

alank

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2019, 06:52:45 am »
To be honest it was freezing temperatures all day yesterday in north Durham I didn't fancy working in it so I had the day off. My water would have been hot enough due to the immersion but why would I want to stay out cleaning in conditions like that when the water would freeze on paving etc.

Jonny 87

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2019, 07:14:29 am »

There's no point getting hot water. It freezes at 0 degrees just the same as cold does so if we are putting water on a house or the floor whether it's hot or cold and it's munus temps. It's going to freeze.

The difference with hot water is that it allows you to clean the glass, and the window stays warm enough so that it mostly dries.

It also rinses faster, so your left with a pretty dry window afterward. At most there will be a few droplets that freeze but I haven’t had that unless it’s -2/-3.

Winter has no effect on my business now, unless it’s snowing and driving conditions are dangerous.

It’s my preference that I can take days off when I want to, and not dictated to by the weather.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Dry Clean

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2019, 07:53:16 am »
He can’t afford hot water so all he does is says is Hot isn’t necessary
Are you saying that I can't afford to be an idiot?

Dry Clean

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2019, 10:07:17 am »

The difference with hot water is that it allows you to clean the glass, and the window stays warm enough so that it mostly dries.

It also rinses faster, so your left with a pretty dry window afterward. At most there will be a few droplets that freeze but I haven’t had that unless it’s -2/-3.

Winter has no effect on my business now, unless it’s snowing and driving conditions are dangerous.

It’s my preference that I can take days off when I want to, and not dictated to by the weather.

Jonny will let you try and work out why this post is complete nonsense, clue.... there's a reason why even on the hottest of days glass is still cold to the touch.

Jonny 87

« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2019, 10:12:25 am »

Jonny will let you try and work out why this post is complete nonsense, clue.... there's a reason why even on the hottest of days glass is still cold to the touch.

Silly games Sean/Dryclean/richard.

You go by “head knowledge” I go by experience.

My hot water never freezes on the glass, even on conservatories like ice cubes. At most, I’ll
Get a few frozen droplets at the bottom.

Triple glazed Glass is well insulated,
Single pane glass loses heat through the house,
Glass in the shade is much colder,

On all of the above, I clean no matter what the conditions. The hot water raises the temperature of the glass, so that you clean it, and then it’s got time to slowly cool down after you’ve left which stops it instantly freezing.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2019, 11:00:45 am »

that's the thing, winter has no effect on my business either.

we only use cold water and we clean whatever the weather. same as you we only stop if we cant get the vans off the drive

we don't mind leaving customers windows with ice on them after a clean. it doesn't happen a lot, and even if it does happen,  it melts again by midday or when the heating kicks in

I;pm just interested in whether it improves the result from cleaning. if it gave us better results I;d make the switch
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2019, 12:11:30 pm »
Last year / this year there was many nights when  ones had been caught short of a freezing cold night and reports on facebook groups, many had frozen hoses, pumps and split/burst filters.
At least with hot, either a purposely built 5k one or an immersion in the tank, you wont get caught short.  Granted, these nights are few n far between but when they do strike and ones are caught short, it can be costly!  Either with hours of work or replacing parts........whilst the rest of us can just crack on as of its a normal day
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Jonny 87

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2019, 12:28:51 pm »

we only use cold water and we clean whatever the weather. same as you we only stop if we cant get the vans off the drive

we don't mind leaving customers windows with ice on them after a clean. it doesn't happen a lot, and even if it does happen,  it melts again by midday or when the heating kicks in

I;pm just interested in whether it improves the result from cleaning. if it gave us better results I;d make the switch

Where you based richard?

In Scotland there’s days when I physically wouldn’t be able to work with cold. Atleast not until 11am, then only for a few hours again till
The temperature drops.

Frozen jets, frozen hoses if the customer comes out to speak to you etc and the waters not flowing.

Those days aren’t every day, but we do get them.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2019, 12:33:26 pm »

Where you based richard?

In Scotland there’s days when I physically wouldn’t be able to work with cold. Atleast not until 11am, then only for a few hours again till
The temperature drops.

Frozen jets, frozen hoses if the customer comes out to speak to you etc and the waters not flowing.

Those days aren’t every day, but we do get them.

based in Cheshire.. pretty moderate weather here actually so there's maybe the difference.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2019, 12:36:24 pm »
Last year / this year there was many nights when  ones had been caught short of a freezing cold night and reports on facebook groups, many had frozen hoses, pumps and split/burst filters.
At least with hot, either a purposely built 5k one or an immersion in the tank, you wont get caught short.  Granted, these nights are few n far between but when they do strike and ones are caught short, it can be costly!  Either with hours of work or replacing parts........whilst the rest of us can just crack on as of its a normal day

the Frost stat - system that makes me think it'd be a good idea.

especially now we have a couple of vans.. and planning on getting more..

we always have a few days a year when the cold weather catches us out and means we cant work a full day.

iSparkle Window Cleaning

Dry Clean

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2019, 12:39:09 pm »

My hot water never freezes on the glass, even on conservatories like ice cubes. At most, I’ll

On all of the above, I clean no matter what the conditions. The hot water raises the temperature of the glass, so that you clean it, and then it’s got time to slowly cool down after you’ve left which stops it instantly freezing.

Stop with the wibble Jonny , I have 13 years experience in WFP how many have you? your hot water will not raise the temperature of the glass or more importantly is the glass wont store that heat to stop the water freezing and that a scientific fact, you've even explained this with your triple glassed remarks that your don't really understand, so any water left on it will freeze almost as quick as it would with cold.

NWH

« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2019, 12:46:07 pm »
It’s like comparing eggs and apples you can’t,I would turn some weatherboard gutter Facia jobs down if I didn’t have hot water it costs money but it makes you fat more than the initial outlay.

Jonny 87

« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2019, 01:39:11 pm »

Stop with the wibble Jonny , I have 13 years experience in WFP how many have you? your hot water will not raise the temperature of the glass or more importantly is the glass wont store that heat to stop the water freezing and that a scientific fact, you've even explained this with your triple glassed remarks that your don't really understand, so any water left on it will freeze almost as quick as it would with cold.

Again here you just show your lack of experience.
The water rinses off far faster than cold, and your left with a much drier window. That’s fact based on my experience. My first year with cold, I would
Leave frosted windows. Now I don’t at all, even in sub zero.

Don’t worry, you’ll get there one day.  ;D

It’s quite amusing that you’ve tried to play the “how much experience” card.   ???

I’m 32 years old, been wfp for my own business since 2010, and I started window cleaning in 2004 when I left school, joined a company where we used traditional and wfp.

That makes combined years of experience.. ....................  15 years.

Mayb in 2 years time you’ll wise up mate.

;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2019, 01:58:27 pm »
It’s like comparing eggs and apples you can’t,I would turn some weatherboard gutter Facia jobs down if I didn’t have hot water it costs money but it makes you fat more than the initial outlay.

Hot water makes you fat? I’ve heard it all now!