P @ F

Re: Hot or cold, let the battle commence lol
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2019, 06:01:23 pm »
My one and only post on this thread, as I just want to take the conversation away from P@fs heater

Ta ta for now.  ;D

Hence why I started this thread, to take the "heat" away from further spoiling P&F's thread

Don’t worry chaps, I was far from throwing dolly , 15 years on this forum has made me hard as nails  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

NWH

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2019, 09:17:06 pm »
Splash and Dash thanks for talking some sense.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2019, 09:26:11 pm »
also.....

I wonder what the customer would prefer in Nigels book,    the odd bit of spotting or shattered glass window ?

Darran

Do you use hot water on all your vans Darren? and if so what are your reasons?

if there's a strong enough business reason i'll make the switch.

thanks

R
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2019, 09:28:34 pm »
im very interested in this discussion.

we had a hot water LPG system when we started and it was nothing but hassle. always running low on LPG.. only certain garages sold it. and it just not working at times

we didn't notice any improvement in cleaning with it and we ended up just not using it ever

but anything that will reduce the amount of call backs we get has to be a good thing.. so i am interested to see what people are saying..

especially the big players with staff...

If you are getting call backs with cold you will get call backs with hot that’s down to bad workmanship ,

i take the attitude that you'll always get call backs.. we get maybe 1-4 a month out of 380 ish cleans. not all those are down to quality of clean though

its always getting the balance right to do good enough cleaning, we're not trying to make sure everything is perfect every time

if there is something to do to reduce call backs though, that is a good thing.

if hot water means we can clean the same way, but reduce call backs thats good

iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2019, 09:47:53 pm »
the constant harping on about it being a game changer is just to kid themselves that they haven't been foolish.

Which, coincidentally, or perhaps ironically, is exactly what you do.

You're the biggest and most frequent naysayer and whiner on this side of the forum.
Dry your eyes Slacky,  I argue and disagree and at times agree with stuff that interests me on here, you lurk and snipe because you have become that bitter and twisted with anybody that's ever disagreed with you on here that you can no longer do anything else, why not go and find a forum that has something of interest to you.

Dry Clean

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2019, 10:15:34 pm »
im very interested in this discussion.

we had a hot water LPG system when we started and it was nothing but hassle. always running low on LPG.. only certain garages sold it. and it just not working at times

we didn't notice any improvement in cleaning with it and we ended up just not using it ever

but anything that will reduce the amount of call backs we get has to be a good thing.. so i am interested to see what people are saying..

especially the big players with staff...

If you are getting call backs with cold you will get call backs with hot that’s down to bad workmanship , but hot will clean quicker especially at this time of year when cold water is only just above freezing , I have 3 vans two are hot and the 3 rd will be later next year , I certainly wouldn’t be spending that amount of money if it didn’t give significantly better and quicker results , we do however do a lot of costal salty stuff , but evan on inland stuff it’s still quicker evan on 4 weekly , I know certain people will poo poo what I have said but I don’t  care it’s a fact and benefits by buisness and we earn more due to using it that we ever did with cold , if you are a decent operation 4:5 k isn’t a lot of money all the ones on hear that say it’s no good are probably driving 10+ year old rust buckets and charging £5 per job , there views arnt of any interest they just spout rubbish with no experience of using hot , that’s my ten pence worth
You're as deluded about the guys who say it makes no difference as you are about hot, that said I do drive an eleven year old van that Iv had from new, 35k on the clock and looks and drives like new which is the reason I haven't changed it.

Slacky

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2019, 10:18:50 pm »
the constant harping on about it being a game changer is just to kid themselves that they haven't been foolish.

Which, coincidentally, or perhaps ironically, is exactly what you do.

You're the biggest and most frequent naysayer and whiner on this side of the forum.
Dry your eyes Slacky,  I argue and disagree and at times agree with stuff that interests me on here, you lurk and snipe because you have become that bitter and twisted with anybody that's ever disagreed with you on here that you can no longer do anything else, why not go and find a forum that has something of interest to you.

You've adopted all of Tosh's insults, can't you do anything original?

Smudger

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2019, 11:42:53 am »
also.....

I wonder what the customer would prefer in Nigels book,    the odd bit of spotting or shattered glass window ?

Darran

Do you use hot water on all your vans Darren? and if so what are your reasons?

if there's a strong enough business reason i'll make the switch.

thanks

R

The vans have Hot water option - immersion ( see various threads for temps etc.. ) I installed these when I was on the tools as I liked the soft more supple hoses the better working conditions - as for speed and quality of clean are/were pretty much the same as cold - really stubborn stuff would lift quicker but overall nothing to justify a grippa/pure freedom/etc system

The guys have the option to use hot but don't - they all hit the rate required and all are happy with cold - personally I'd have hot for comfort but im an old softy

as for call backs - it runs about 1 in 2000 cleans this is usually more that they failed to gain access to the rear and can we come back type of stuff not the quality of the clean itself

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2019, 01:27:52 pm »
I do a weatherboard clean every 2 years and it always ends up with the same amount of algae and grime on it,with cold and detergent it used to take me 3 hours and always did do with hot it takes about an hour and 20 minutes no detergent.
Hot is a brilliant option to just to be able to flick a switch and you’ve got it,some jobs hot is very much needed not for all jobs no but like I say good to have the choice when you may need it.
You can clean a job with hot water clean it all to a fantastic standard then cold clean it for a few months and it would stay cleaner if you wanted,PVC frames with a lot of trim lines etc that go black and green you need hot if you want to clean it quicker than with cold you’ll scrub them forever in a day with cold water.

NWH

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2019, 05:06:37 pm »
I do a weatherboard clean every 2 years and it always ends up with the same amount of algae and grime on it,with cold and detergent it used to take me 3 hours and always did do with hot it takes about an hour and 20 minutes no detergent.
Hot is a brilliant option to just to be able to flick a switch and you’ve got it,some jobs hot is very much needed not for all jobs no but like I say good to have the choice when you may need it.
You can clean a job with hot water clean it all to a fantastic standard then cold clean it for a few months and it would stay cleaner if you wanted,PVC frames with a lot of trim lines etc that go black and green you need hot if you want to clean it quicker than with cold you’ll scrub them forever in a day with cold water.

Smudger

« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2019, 05:19:26 pm »
its so good you need to say it twice....

;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2019, 05:22:49 pm »
I prefer cold this time of the year though lol

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2019, 08:04:10 am »
working with cold water in this frosty weather is horrible.....the hose is like wire..........
price higher/work harder!

robert mitchell

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2019, 06:08:06 pm »

No offence NWH but that sounds like a load of crap to me .............and i use very hot water from an ionics diesel hot water system .

I could of believed maybe 20 mins to half hour but not an hour and 40 mins saved.
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

deeege

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2019, 06:19:02 pm »
working with cold water in this frosty weather is horrible.....the hose is like wire..........

Really Daz? It was very mildly frosty until about 10am this morning, it was 7° by midday. Hardly testing conditions. 😂
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2019, 07:39:15 am »

Really Daz? It was very mildly frosty until about 10am this morning, it was 7° by midday. Hardly testing conditions. 😂

it was 2c till lunchtime where i was working.....then it only got to 4c by the time i was heading home at 230pm........even at 7c id still rather use hot water any day of the week...... :)
price higher/work harder!

johnwillan

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2019, 09:15:43 am »
We are mainly Hot (Webasto) with one Cold remaining,  the debate is the same, cold doesn't see the point, hot wouldn't go back LOL!

Hot users vary from all year use to winter only - even with the additional outlay, fuel cost, battery maintenance and burner repairs the consensus is they prefer hot

We had a similar debate with old van vs new van

HTH

John

NWH

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2019, 10:05:55 am »
Old brittle old glass and pinned panes cold all the way my water would break more than clean,any stubborn marks on the glass or frames at height you won’t clean off with cold water.
Like I’ve said they all look clean from 1/2 a mile away.

Dry Clean

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2019, 10:41:02 am »
Old brittle old glass and pinned panes cold all the way my water would break more than clean,any stubborn marks on the glass or frames at height you won’t clean off with cold water.
Like I’ve said they all look clean from 1/2 a mile away.

So are you saying the traditional guys where right when they said WFP does an inferior Job ? 

NWH

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2019, 02:09:06 pm »
No I’m saying water to hot cracks those type of windows you can only use cold