*Derek*

Chimney Cleaning
« on: September 17, 2009, 10:14:19 pm »
Anyone do chimney cleaning here?

stalwart

Re: Chimney Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 10:34:38 pm »
I dont no,but the local one near me is on a fortune this time of year coming towards winter,i have an open fire,charges me £25 he's bloody good to,nearly all but a couple of houses burn wood round here he covers most of east sussex and is never idle
Been there,seen it,done it,just cant remember when

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 11:01:37 pm »
We used one in the last house we had.... This house I live in now doesn't even have a chimney ???

Funny really, cos the guy who does clean chimney's cleans carpets too....

*Derek*

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 11:12:25 pm »
We used one in the last house we had.... This house I live in now doesn't even have a chimney ???

Funny really, cos the guy who does clean chimney's cleans carpets too....

He dirties them first then cleans them.. perfect.... 

I'm thinking of adding this on as extra service.. There not much to it really..............

Fox

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 07:35:58 am »
I called a local sweep and they wanted £47 :o

BDCS

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 08:23:07 pm »
I'd say £47 is about right - by the time you've drove there, sheeted up, cleaned the chimney, cleaned up, drove home - then there's the PL ins, vacuum, brushes, running costs on the van, waste transfer licence, waste disposal costs etc, advertising and everything else I doubt you'd get rich on the £47

stalwart

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 08:31:51 am »
Been there,seen it,done it,just cant remember when

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 09:38:41 am »
We were charged £25 I think.... But I'd have paid £50 quite happilly!!

sherco

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 10:02:11 am »
Years ago i worked for a company installing wood burners, lining chimneys etc, i had the job of cleaning them, its the dirtiest job i have ever done, the soot gets right in your lungs, and skin even wearing protective gear, plus insurance was quite a bit, many a time when sweeping a chimney the pot comes off the top of the stack and falls to the ground, and that can do some serious damage. So if you are going to have a go get insured, and make sure you explain to customer about loose pots and you not taking responsibility, some of these clay pots are very expensive.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

*Derek*

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 12:41:59 pm »
Years ago i worked for a company installing wood burners, lining chimneys etc, i had the job of cleaning them, its the dirtiest job i have ever done, the soot gets right in your lungs, and skin even wearing protective gear, plus insurance was quite a bit, many a time when sweeping a chimney the pot comes off the top of the stack and falls to the ground, and that can do some serious damage. So if you are going to have a go get insured, and make sure you explain to customer about loose pots and you not taking responsibility, some of these clay pots are very expensive.

Thanks for that. Interesting..