Milltown Cleaning

first clean/post builders
« on: August 10, 2009, 10:25:59 am »
hey guys,

what are the basic tools required to do a first clean after the builders have left. The windows will be no problem to me but after that im not 100% sure

BDCS

Re: first clean/post builders
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 05:04:58 pm »
Whats it like ? theres no telling what you'll need. You will need micro fibres, pure water in a bottle, scraper - steel and plastic, solvant to remove stickers and then all your usual cleaning gear. It will usually take longer than you think at first to get it to a good standard depending on the state the builders leave it in

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 07:24:33 pm »
oh i know all about what to do on the windows, its all the other cleaning im usure about

Adam P

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 10:35:19 pm »
hence...

"Whats it like ? theres no telling what you'll need. You will need micro fibres, pure water in a bottle, scraper - steel and plastic, solvant to remove stickers and then all your usual cleaning gear. It will usually take longer than you think at first to get it to a good standard depending on the state the builders leave it in"

GWCS

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 11:53:14 pm »
hence...

"Whats it like ? theres no telling what you'll need. You will need micro fibres, pure water in a bottle, scraper - steel and plastic, solvant to remove stickers and then all your usual cleaning gear. It will usually take longer than you think at first to get it to a good standard depending on the state the builders leave it in"

;D ;D ;D

Griffus

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 12:33:30 am »
hey guys,

what are the basic tools required to do a first clean after the builders have left. The windows will be no problem to me but after that im not 100% sure

Windows no problem?

The windows and frames will take at least 70% of your time on your first clean (if done properly). If the house is rendered they will take longer.

Are you in with a builder already?

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 03:29:02 pm »
ah jeez i hvent made myself very understood. what i mean is, i know what to do on the windows, i have cleaned windows for years. Its the rest of the cleaning - brushing up all the debris and stuff left by builders. What is expected in these cleans?

Robert Parry

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 03:53:14 pm »
Hi Milltown,

All surfaces, vertical and horizontal, fixtures/fittings, inside and out to be cleaned of all loose and impacted debris.

Paint removed from door furniture etc.

Carpets deep vacuumed, hard floors to be free from paint splatter and free from smears.

Rubbish removed, glass, internal and external to sparkle.

WC's to be free from stickers and all other debris, fittings to sparkle.

Kitchens, as above.

All the above to be carried out whilst other trades continue snagging!!

IN SHORT, absolute perfection in cleaning is required so the end client can move in the same day (commercial), houses, ie. domestic, the same but normally without the time constraints.

If you have never done this sort of work before, perhaps it would be best for you to sub out the builders clean on this occaision, stay on site as a sort of supervisor and learn, because if you muck up the first one, you will never get another go at it. Different, if its only a small site, then the risk might be worth it, but you had better have all your H/S, M/S and insurance in place as well.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rob

PS.

It is a lot more detailed than a brush up mate, dust, smears, paint splatter will not normally be tolerated, best case scenerio, would be a call back, that is you re do whatever was wrong at no extra charge to client, worst, they get someone else in to clear up after you, and either dont settle your bill, or recharge the other cleaners bill to you!!!!!!!!!
A world of difference....