*Chris Browne

tupe
« on: March 21, 2005, 09:49:22 am »
 ::)
Hi all,
14 months on and alls going to plan!
just wondering, ive just taken on a contract and the cleaner has decided to stay with me (that fine).
Now i know i have to request the tupe info from her present company, but is there a format or template or something like that? only i dont want to look unprofesional or small time.
Chris

Fox

Re: tupe
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 10:31:36 am »
Here is a quick check list of info you will need, build a table or spead sheet and ask for information at the top of each column, each employee detail can be entered in rows below.  Unless you are sure you have the contract you will only need basic info such as pay rate, hours of work etc.

I'm sure I've probably missed out a few things from the list, but hope it helps!

TUPE Check List

   Hours of work
   Pay per hour
   Days of work
   When are they paid eg: weekly, fortnightly, monthly
   How many days holiday per year
   Do they receive full sick pay
   Are they part of a pension scheme
   What is their contract of employment
   Do they work to a schedule or have a job description
   What was their start date of employment
   Are there any holidays currently booked
   NI number
   PAYE code
   DOB
   Personal address
   Phone numbers

Fox

*Chris Browne

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 11:36:08 am »
Many thanks!! ;)

chris

CMS

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 12:11:50 pm »
Length of service (which may not be taken from their start date of employment). They may have previous service carried over from yet another employer. Other than that I think you've covered it.

martin19842

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 06:21:04 pm »
hi there

once you get the info, you might like to check the number of hours the employer says they do against the number of hours the client thinks they do

regards

martin

dustycorner

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 08:15:21 pm »
Hi Chris,

not sure if should ask for this but i never been refused, is to be made aware of any disciplinary issues, verbal/written warnings etc that are still active.

Cheers Mark

*Chris Browne

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 03:34:45 pm »
Good one!

thanks again for everyones help!

Chris :-*

mkingsford

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 04:51:30 pm »
Sorry to seem a dimwit but what is tupe abbreviated from.

Thanks

Maggi K

Musicman

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 05:35:53 pm »
Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment).

If you do get into the contract cleaning business Maggie it is an absolute MUST that you know about it.

There has been plenty written on the forum about it if you do a search.

Get it wrong while your business is in it's infancy and it could finish you.

Good luck.

Musicman
Success is where hard work meets opportunity!

blacksheep

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 02:09:18 pm »
hi all what is tupe

Jan K

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 06:03:31 pm »
my thought exactly errington
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

Fox

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2005, 07:05:58 am »

If you win a contract with cleaners already on site you are legally obliged to take on those cleaners under all of the terms and conditions they had been under from their previous employer.  This is in place to protect employees when companies change hands.  It can be quite a complicated procedure so I suggest you read up.  It commonly affects the cleaning sector as contracts change hands all of the time.

Fox

CMS

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2005, 08:06:19 am »

If you win a contract with cleaners already on site you are legally obliged to take on those cleaners under all of the terms and conditions they had been under from their previous employer.  Fox

You are legally obliged to 'offer' them employment. That is not the same as being legally obliged to take them on. Some employees will not want to transfer.

Fox

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2005, 08:50:47 am »
Ok ok!

you are legally obliged to take on those cleaners (if they want to transfer) under all of the terms and conditions they had been under from their previous employer.    :P  ;)

pristineclean

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2005, 05:03:36 pm »
A mildy interesting post script..

I took on a catering contract a few years ago where one of the staff had tripped while at work a few months previously, breaking her notlookingwhereshewasgoing wrists in the undoubtedly comical process.

The claim against her employers was carried forward under TUPE, and although the previous company's insurance remained liable for the inevitable payout, I still had to invest a fair amount of time in solicitors meetings and form filling.

TUPE is a pain, but it does offer the rather generous provision which states that you can't dismiss an employee unless it's for an economic, technical or organisational reason. My interpretation is that it won't prevent you reducing the amount of employees, but it will place obstacles in your path should you wish to replace underperforming individuals in specific jobs.

Callum

blacksheep

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2005, 10:21:37 pm »
hi jan k   have a look on TUPE  transfers on the web theres lots of it , i just bookmarked it so i can read over the  next few days