a55essor

sub- contract
« on: February 07, 2005, 10:52:41 am »
Can anybody help with some info? I've been contacted by another cleaning company about sub contracting floor work off them, not sure how to price this type of work as never sub contracted before.

Kev

martin19842

Re: sub- contract
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 12:19:50 pm »
hi there,

they will obviously have a price in mind, as they need to retain a profit aswell, my strategy would be a meeting or discussion with them.

but also do your calculation, and see where the two of you meet. 

From  my point of view subcontract work is good both ways, we have worked as the sub contractor, and it works well, and we have also worked as the contractor, subbing the work out.

regards

martin

a55essor

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 04:03:44 pm »
Hi martin

Thanks for your advice.

One company is talking about 25% what do think

Kev

martin19842

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 07:25:45 pm »
hi there,

kev,

please clarify,

are they looking at a 25% uplift on your invoice, or are they looking at splitting the invoice 75- 25.

you might look at this as the same, believe me its not.

regards

martin

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 08:24:58 pm »
Kev

Are you talking local or some distance away, also what is there type of location only asking as I some times do this type of work job may only take 2hours based on per sqm but it can take 1 ½ to get though security then you have the same procedure to get out. So watch your percentage! Yes there are swings and roundabouts make sure it’s your favour unless you want to work for less than the min wage!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

a55essor

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2005, 11:42:52 am »
Hi All
Thank you for the advice.

Len, most jobs will be in between 1-25miles

Martin, They are talking 75/25 split of invoice

Kev