a55essor

Theatres
« on: January 28, 2005, 02:01:15 pm »
This may sound stupid, Can anybody help me? i'm  not sure how you would quote to clean a theatre, I know offices you go by sq metres ect,    ???

Thanks

Kev

Musicman

Re: Theatres
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 04:24:24 pm »
I've never done theatres but have won a few cinemas in my time and I'd have thought they were similar.

Have never used meterage/productivity figures but just 'eye-balled' for the auditoria and the usual timings for toilets.

Back-vacs (and extension cables) are good in the seating areas but I'd recommend the Hyper bagless one if they sell popcorn there as the bags fill up too quickly otherwise.

Hope this helps.

Musicman
Success is where hard work meets opportunity!

a55essor

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 05:04:21 pm »
Thank you musicman I've eye-balled  some quotes before. I didn't know if there was some special way with theatres. Thanks for recommendation. I've got 2  if I win, 1 has 2 cinemas in so popcorn must be the order of the day.

Thanks

Kev

Jan K

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 07:20:42 pm »
Good luck Kev, hope you get it, personally I'm too chicken to get into the 'big stuff', I'm just sticking to houses  ;D
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

a55essor

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 11:47:25 pm »
Thanks Jan, I will know the outcome Monday.

Kev 8)

Kevin_Gare

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 11:07:20 pm »
Hi Kev

All I can say is good luck.
we used to clean Four Cinemas at one go, Seven days a week.Pure Hell.
Good luck with the kids on school holidays or a Kids blockbuster film your be there for hours with the popcorn.Trust me your never eat it again.

Regards Kevin
Kevin
South London Geezer/working City, south London, North Kent.

Fox

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2005, 08:03:06 am »
Hi Kev

Hope this is not too late to help.

We used to clean a theatre but they didn't have showings every night.  We broke it down into three stages.

Toilet/bar clean - This included foyer, ticket office, bar area and toilets as the theatre was open some nights for ticket sales only.

Main clean - Audatorium (excuse spelling!) and all above, plus all stairways (ensure you've got some very long extensions!)

Special Clean - All of the above plus dressing rooms and other areas back stage.

We were given a yearly rota of what the theatre opened for.

Good luck with your quote - let us know how you get on.

Fox