*Chris Browne

Late payements grrrrrrrrr
« on: January 05, 2005, 03:15:47 pm »
Hi all

ive been in the business now for twelve months , alls going to plan....... except for late payers!!! can anyone help in the procedure to get back our dosh... :( one in particular is now five months behind!!

thanx 
chris(newbie)

martin19842

Re: Late payements grrrrrrrrr
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 04:12:53 pm »
hi there,

are you late payers, one off cleans, or are they regular daily or weekly office cleans.

if they are the latter, then you would look to put a clause in your terms and conditions staing that serivce will be withdrawn if payment  is not made by a certain date after the invoice is issued.

therefore you then have the right to withdraw the service, and on top of that continue to bill the client.  i have seen this doen before and in court the client had to pay all the monies including the invoicing during the cleaning suspension.

the other thing is that if clients dont pay and you stop cleaning, you will usualyy find that they will then pay quite quickly usually about three days with out cleaning does the trick.

dont know if this helps

regards

martin

Jan K

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 04:28:16 pm »
I have a clause in my T & C for regular peeps stating that payment needs to be made before the next visit after issue of invoice otherwise service will be withdrawn until payment has been made.
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

Tim Downer

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 04:10:58 pm »
Hi all

Late payers are always a problem, especially when you have not been in business for long.
Do you pull out until they have paid? Or do you carry on and hope they will pay soon and not lose a customer? Do you take them to court?

Very difficult until you are big enough to not worry about losing a customer or two.

Previous comment by Martin19842 is the best one, to have a clause in the T & C one that gives 28 days or whatever arrangement to pay by. These are the terms and conditions of the contract, and they should be aware from the outset that if it is broken by a late payment.....well its up to you.

Thankfully i have not come across too many late payers recently.

All the Best

Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

Musicman

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 11:03:05 pm »
Chris this is something we all deal with and we have terminated several contracts because of late payment.

This link was given some months ago and I think is just what you (and many others) are looking for.

http://www.payontime.co.uk/index.html

I hope it helps.

Regards

Musicman
Success is where hard work meets opportunity!

*Chris Browne

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2005, 09:36:49 am »
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! ;)

Your advice as been very helpfull

ps. let you know how i get on

chris :)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2005, 10:46:02 pm »
That 5 month one would have the hairs standing up on the back of my neck and a sick feeling in my stomach! Unless there's a good reason chop at 2nd month and explain politely and firmly you will not clean until payment received. If still not small claims court summons.

I once verbally threatened a Solicitors with summons for £500 outstanding - he ignored me. I went and got forms from court filled out added costs of £100 sent in photocopy to Solicitors threatening it would be in court if I was not paid in five days.

He paid by return and always paid on time.

You've got to be prepared to cut your losses IMHO
It's a game of three halves!

*Chris Browne

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 02:43:40 pm »
hi all

Well today i went to collect my equipment from the said company, after appologising , low and behold they gave me a cheque for everything they owed me!!

i can now have milk with my tea

chris(getting greyer) ;)

*Chris Browne

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2005, 04:33:55 pm »
 :( hi all guess what............................

you guessed, the cheque given has now bounced :-[

any advice on small claims ,how ,what, where, so forth

Thank

Chris :'(

Fox

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2005, 07:19:02 am »
Hi Chris

Sorry mate but is sounds like this company is in big trouble - all the signs are there - this may well leave you out of pocket.

Give your contact at the company a call and see if you can get any information about what is going on.  You could try the small claims, just pop into your local court and pick up a form they are relatively easy to fill in, however if the company is going under then it could be a waste of your costs for this.

I hope for you this isn't the case.

Good luck

*Chris Browne

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2005, 02:12:27 pm »
 :(You where all right , i should of seen it coming...

i am now in the process of issuing a small claims against them, even after sending them a final notice saying i was going to procced with court actions..still nothing.

Think i was just to trustful

Chris :'(

Jan K

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2005, 02:24:57 pm »
Good luck with taking them to coury Chris. Spose you need to mark it down to experience and learning from it means you won't be so trusting next time. We've all done it sometime in our lives!! ;)
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol