DREAM CLEAN

Grease traps
« on: February 12, 2006, 07:34:13 pm »
Evening all,

Ive been invited to tender for a public house clean and included is once a year clean/de grease the extractor units and ducts any Ideas on how to price?

Also I've been asked to price for the emptying of the grease traps and grease guzzler any idea of prices charged and what I would do with the grease Ive extracted?

Hope someone knows

Many Thanks

Nick

CMS

Re: Grease traps
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 07:53:37 pm »
I cant comment on the price because I haven’t seen it. It also depends upon the number of inspection points/access points. Don’t forget that it is the ‘trunking’ that goes outside the building too.

Kitchen exhaust system cleaning is the removal of grease, debris and other contaminants that accumulate on the components of a Kitchen canopy exhaust system. Grease and particulate build up in the exhaust system is a fire hazard, and greatly impacts on the efficiency and lifetime of mechanical equipment.

Technicians should perform the work in accordance with HVCA TR/19 Standards. Cleaning includes the fan, hood (external and internal surfaces), filters, and associated horizontal and vertical ductwork.

The frequency of cleaning suggested under the above regulations is as follows :

Heavy use (12-16 hours per day)      3 monthly.

Moderate use (6-12 hours per day)      6 monthly

Light use (2-6 hours per day)                      12 monthly

DREAM CLEAN

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 08:04:55 pm »
Hi CMS,

intresting reply, I guess the fs company are not fully aware of the stats you've provided, as it's a tender I'm not too worried about the price side as yet as it is a very small part of the of a very big tender. I was more worried about the cleaning  of the grease traps and what to do with the grease from the traps , is it controled waste of hazzard waste?

CMS

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 08:12:51 pm »
A professional grease trap service programme should include cleaning the entire contents of the unit that has built up during everyday use, inspection of the drain runs and drainage systems, removal from site and environmental disposal of the grease trap waste.

Grease trap waste is classified as controlled waste which can only legally be removed from site by a registered waste carrier.     

DREAM CLEAN

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 09:03:31 pm »
Me again

Any Ideas where I can get in touch of that said type of company?

CMS

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 09:09:58 pm »
What area are you in? I'll find one for you if you let me know but meanwhile have a look at this.............

http://www.epd.gov.hk/epd/english/environmentinhk/water/guide_ref/files/wpc_gt_maintenance.pdf

DREAM CLEAN

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 09:16:52 pm »
I'm based near Cambridge but the jobs are based in London

CMS

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 09:25:09 pm »
These are the ones you want.................

http://www.safety-kleen.co.uk/Industrial_waste_disposal.htm

DREAM CLEAN

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 09:33:35 pm »
Many thanks for your help