*Chris Browne

Working from home
« on: October 04, 2005, 09:37:18 am »
hi all

Just out of interest, how many of us are working from home? what are the pitfalls or advantages, im just at the stage where my wife wants her house back but i dont know if i want to move into an office yet, spoilsport...whats a matter with her? ;)

chris
 ::)

JJdomestics

Re: Working from home
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 11:33:32 am »
Hi

I run my domestic cleaning company from home and suits me because I have small children and can't always get away to an office so this suits me down to the ground. I have sectioned off a part of my house as my office and keep everything i need in there or in my van. I would like an office I think it looks more prof but I think the business rates would kill me. I did struggle with my mortgage people though trying to convince them that it would simply be a desk computer and a telephone, some siilly clause in my mortgage. Down side to it is you never switch off i find myself typing letters and invoices through the night when I can't sleep. Anyway I hope you get on ok if you do decide to move locations.

Jo

preston powerblast

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 07:54:14 pm »
I have a little corner in the lounge where I keep my pc etc.
But my van is like my office as I am a mobile business.
So for me life is simple and the wife doesnt mind all the paperwork.
Advantages, the main one is having a free secretary because the daughter is at home now on maternity leave.

ValueValeting

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 08:01:23 pm »
Spare bedroom is my office, shed is my store  ;D

*Chris Browne

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 08:50:07 pm »
One disadvantage is that if clients decide to call...this had not happened to me up to now , to drop a key in for a new job, i am sure it would of looked better if it had been an office somewhere,
My mother runs a small cleaning company from home and she has from time to time had cleaners knocking her door for this reason and that like a tin of polish,

mm dont know.......... another disadvantage is that theres always some other little job that needs doing in the house that you really dont want to do,. :-[..... if you know what i mean. ;).......................................#

chris

domestic bliss

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 09:41:30 pm »
I also work from home.  I sometimes get potential new clients calling at all hours. One even called e at 2.30 in the morning

BSF

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 10:24:40 pm »
Try a business centre (there all over the place) you get a professional looking address for a minimal cost, most will even take your calls, using their number or your own and divert it, I know you would still have the problem of working from home, but no-one will come knocking on your door, you can even re-direct the mail so you don’t even have to go out of your way to collect it.

A proper address will win you more business!

Regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

BSF

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 11:02:21 pm »
I also work from home. I sometimes get potential new clients calling at all hours. One even called e at 2.30 in the morning

I thought this was a cleaning forum :P
Regards

BSF

cloverclean

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2005, 07:56:06 am »
You could buy a nice  Garden Shed and use it as an office if you
have a garden

*Chris Browne

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2005, 09:19:00 am »
So thats where she was at 2.30........................... ;) she told me she was taking the dog for a walk ::)

Jan K

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2005, 04:10:44 pm »
conservatory is office and garage is store room..............I always though running your own business was 24/7 anyway.............I don't think I could just walk away and forget about it if I had an office, as I am a sole trader the buck stops with me and I would probably be visiting the office at god knows what time of the morning so running it from home is easier. Mind you tell that to the kids and other half whilst I'm, burning the tea, or forgetting about it all together lol!! ;D
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

domestic bliss

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2005, 01:38:23 pm »
PFWest I do not know what you are insinuating. :o
The clients i refer to are definately people needing a cleaner. lol ;D

*Chris Browne

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2005, 02:27:54 pm »
PFWest I do not know what you are insinuating. :o
The clients i refer to are definately people needing a cleaner. lol ;D

We believe you ....honestly ;)