*Chris Browne

pat testing
« on: September 30, 2005, 10:12:29 am »
Hi
What are the rules on p.a.t. testing on vacuums polishers etc, i was led to believe that new equipment didnt need a pat test cetificate but after twelve months you do, which leads me on to the next question where do i get one from?(pat testing machine that is ), any recomendations?

chris :-\

mxg

Re: pat testing
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 10:17:19 am »
Try

http://www.pat-testing.info/

BTW - All I did was type "pat testing" in to google!

Mick

*Chris Browne

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 10:23:08 am »
many thanks,
can anyone recomend a place to get one from  :'(

Fox

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 03:40:14 pm »
If you do a goolgle search there are several companies that come up.

I get all of my equipment tested on each site, I just tell the client that vacuums, scrubbers etc that are used on site have be tested by them along with their own equipment, no one has had any problems with this and I know they are all done within a year of being on site.

Hope this helps a little
Fox

CMS

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 04:25:45 pm »
PAT testing in small amounts...............indeed PAT testing your own equipment is quite expensive. Why not come to an agreement with your Client that your equipment gets PAT tested when theirs does. It will cost them pennies!

Write it into the contract along with the provision that they provide you with electricity, hot water, storage etc.

CATMAN

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 05:02:21 pm »
Good machines are available on e-bay.

HSE say a competant person can undertake PAT testing, although to cover yourself a course which many companies run are a must.

Doing a PAT test, makes you check the equipment on a regular basis. This can only be good, when working in other people houses.

CATMAN

Len Gribble

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 06:57:35 pm »
Chris

Don’t forget extension leads if you use them.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

*Chris Browne

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 10:13:09 pm »
many thanks all

off for a quick look on ebay, if not i may go with the idea of the clients doing it ..............

chris ;)