absolutecleaning

Bin cleaning - time / prices??
« on: January 31, 2011, 03:17:39 pm »
Hi

We've been asked to quote to clean bins quartlerly at a block of flats where we will be cleaning carpets and windows.

There is 12 four wheeled large bins and 2 smaller recycling bins.

I assume we would pressure wash and then use an anti-microbial of some sort but have no idea of what the going rate is or how long they should take?

Any information would be gratefully received.

Simon

james44

Re: Bin cleaning - time / prices??
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 03:59:36 pm »
You will need to have some sort of water recycling system to clean bins or risk a £20,000 fine if caught!

absolutecleaning

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 04:42:59 pm »
Really :o

By the looks of it the bin cleaners around here just carry a pressure washer mounted on the back of a van - they dont seem to have a water tank. ???

DavePBS

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 07:14:59 pm »
Simon, James44 is correct.  Any waste water produced must be collected and   discharged at an approved designated local authority disposal point.... you cannot simply empty the foul water out willynilly ie at the roadside/garden/carpark.

If you could comply with all the guidelines, rules & regs then the average price for doing a 1100 litre 4 wheeled bin is £13 - £18 per bin (around my area anyway) and expect to spend up to 20 mins per bin on the first clean and 10 mins thereafter obviously depending how good a job you wish to do on them.

Dave.

absolutecleaning

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 08:54:50 pm »
Thanks for that Dave - will sub it out I think.

Cheers

Simon

Rob125

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 12:34:34 am »
just out of personal interest - never done this and done foresee doing this - bit how do you 'collect' the water?? - wouldnt that require a really expensive machine - if so then that price is way too low??