stevegunn

Who's fully booked now
« on: December 07, 2003, 11:33:17 pm »
it boils my blood the amount of calls I'm having to turn away because I'm fully booked especially from customers I did last year as my advert clearly stated book early to avoid disappointment.I had a call today can you clean my carpet & suite tomorrow when Isaid no I was fully booked the abuse was shocking.Friday went to one job where she had booked three carpet cleaners for 9am who ever turned up first got the job I was non too pleased as i was second in line when i explained she would have to pay a call out charge as i had turned work away she replied she was let down last year by someone and did not want the same thing happening again >:(

Re: Who's fully booked now
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 12:08:52 am »
I am turning work away but happy to say that most calls are from old clients who will wait for appointments.
Moved to new area last December so still building up local client base and they are the ones used to getting short notice jobs done. Not happy when i tell them no work can be done before xmas eve :o.
Never been called to house with other CC's for same appointment >:( and you are right to drop wasted call charge in their laps ;)
Chris

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2003, 01:34:56 am »
Booked out to Christmas Eve. It is not easy to tell regular customers you cannot do anything for them until after Christmas, however most of them understand and some have already booked for the new year.

Dynafoam

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 01:50:31 am »
I have over the years trained my customers that the normal six week waiting time is exceeded this time of year - most of the bookings between now and Christmas were made in September and January bookings were made in October. Since I do not advertise, even new customers are warned by their referee that they should expect a wait . Problem is that Christmas shopping is always a last-minute panic.

John.

Alex

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2003, 02:58:31 am »
I can't wait to get into this situation, I was fully booked for 2 weeks, however, I've only a few jobs in for the week 18th Dec.

I'm in the cheshire area if you need a hand  ;)

Ivar_Haglund

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2003, 03:19:32 am »
A little down in bookings this December

tell the truth kind of slow

My customers tend to call the last minute anyway

GOD JUL

IVAR

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2003, 04:56:42 pm »
Best way to be...........last minute bookings make client appreciate you more :o
More chance of a tip/drink when client is grateful you can help out at short notice ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2003, 07:40:53 pm »
I'm booked up till xmas eve but I'm still booking jobs in using Portable timings,, so I've looked through my diary and have managed to scrape up some small spaces that I could fit a living room into.

I'm asking all callers if they have used our company before, if they arn't existing customers they don't get done and then I tell them that most of the good carpet cleaners will also be booked up, only the part-time cowboys will have any spaces.

If they are willing to wait untill the new year (Its only 3 weeks away I tell them) they will be able take advantage of our free staingard offer.

if they're existing customers I tell them that I've been saving some spaces for 'special customers'  ;)

Mike

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Alex

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2003, 07:42:43 pm »
Cheers Mike, I guess I'm a cowboy then.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2003, 08:01:09 pm »
Is that spurs I hear clinking? ;)

I meant no offence Alex, this is just something I say to encourage them to book me for after xmas.

Mike

Ps I did say 'most' good carpet cleaners are booked up :)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Alex

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2003, 08:18:46 pm »
I'm the good bad and ugly  ;D

Regards

Clint Eastwood

Derek

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2003, 08:36:24 pm »
Hi Alex

Now you are just being greedy....why can't you be just 'good'.... There again I suppose its not much fun being just good.

I am fully booked but when I had a few spots left to fill I told my potential customers that one particular spot was all I had left... works every time.

Incidentally Alex, I also tell callers that 'most reputable Company's will be fully booked at this time'....Sorry :-/

Derek

ALEXDH

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2003, 10:20:00 pm »
quite funny i am booked to do practice cleans around 8 houses of my mates.

Going to start telling them donations greatfully recieved. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

ALEXDH

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2003, 10:21:23 pm »
Sadly just broke my foot on saturday.

Xray tommorrow  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Derek

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2003, 08:57:30 am »
Alex

Didn't someone tell you about the dinky little switch that turns on your machine...its located on the side near the little red/green/orange lights.

If all else fails you use the foot  ;)  :D  ;D

Derek

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2003, 11:02:36 am »
Congrats Everybody.

Why does this industry slag of one another.
If you not fully booked youre no good.
If you not IIRC registered youre no good
If you have got a truck mount you are no good.
If you are not in NCCA you are no good
If you dop not offer a satisfaction      you are no good.
If you dont charge high prices you are no good.
#
I acept these are benifits to your product but it does not mean the other Guy is no good

Regards

Angry

Ian.

PS I am fully booked

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2003, 11:05:08 am »
If you dont proof read before you send you must be good as you havent the time and are running late

Regards

Ian

keith Newport

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2003, 04:14:12 pm »
Hi All
Nice to see there is some humour left as this topic shows, I started self employment to work for myself and to work hours to suit me, so I have now booked the next three weeks off, and shall enjoy the xmas period with pleasure. To all those who are fully booked, my sympathies and to all who are not, enjoy it while you can. Merry Christmas. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Keith  
Aqua Cleaning Services providing a cleaner environment

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2003, 04:27:55 pm »
Me being fully booked has nothing to do with my ambitions but more to do with my wifes greed. :-[

Mark Betts

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2003, 04:56:32 pm »
Chris

If ure fully booked how come u are posting at 2.27pm ??

and 3pm yesterday??

Now i wouldnt call that fully booked.  ??? ;D ;D ;D
he he just kidding
A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!