Mike

I thought you had a different name for him recently !  ;D

Re: The video - about bloody time !

Steve

PS: Really good leaflet

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: quiet or not?
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2009, 09:22:07 pm »
Did you fancy a change with yor old leaflet Mike? or did it start to not work so well?

I would have thought you would have put your local number on.

Shaun

PS can't find your video on your website??

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2009, 09:25:17 pm »
Who designed it?? looks great!

Mark

Mike Halliday

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2009, 09:39:31 pm »
Shaun I wanted a leaflet that showed 3 important things; the new van, Beverley Minster & Me.

my old school mate did the leaflet ( he is a graphic designer) its good because that photo doesn't exist, its made up of 3 different images

the video will be on by the end of next week
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

nevil

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2009, 09:43:33 pm »
Love the leaflet Mike. But I love the van even more. Anyone seeing that diving around Hull would just have to have to wonder what it's  all about.

Absolutely unforgeable. Great marketing.

DavidWright76

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2009, 09:45:02 pm »
I can say that carpet cleaners are definitely in demand in the run up to Christmas. In the past week i have had two people come up to me & ask for a business card, which are my first two card requests as i am a newbie. I have had to rely on leaflets & my van signwriting to get my previous jobs and now i have put leafleting into overdrive.

Martin S

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2009, 09:53:15 pm »
Mike,

Have to say fantastic looking van and leaflet.  No doubt we can (and do) all learn a lot from your experience.

Thank you.  :)
Martin

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2009, 09:56:27 pm »
I love the leaflet and the van well executed leaflet and marketing just thought with the local theme you would have had a local number.

As you may know we have a dry cleaners out of my local std code, I used an 0800 on the leaflets I used but when I bought a local area code the response was far better nearly another 50% ontop, Dronfield is the area and they shop like Beverley people ie not out of the area.

Shaun

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2009, 10:18:41 pm »
I get at least 10 new customers a week from 5000 leaflets a week so at an average job price of £100 I will make a grand from 5k leaflets that cost me approx £105 to print & deliver, that's what is important not how many replies per 1000 I get.

£105 to print and deliver 5000 leaflets???? really? do you have a link to this companys website please Mike?
The cheapest company i have found in my local area is £60 for 1000, And thats only for the deleiver!

Thanks
Tony

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2009, 10:21:19 pm »
printcarrier.com

the post office deliver for approx £50 per 1000 but you can get far cheaper but not solus.

Shaun

Mike Halliday

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2009, 10:24:02 pm »
Shauns right for the printing and £17/1000 delivery with a A5 booklet and a taxi card

Daria Taylor

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2009, 09:14:30 am »
Shauns right for the printing and £17/1000 delivery with a A5 booklet and a taxi card
your leaflet is very very good:) i must say if i saw that i would definatelly ring. it's funky bright and just very very catchy. Which companies do you use to deliver your leaflets? and which printing company to print them? we have used dp print last time, but i must say the leaflets are very thin and i dont think next time i will go for anything less than 200mg because from the past experience with cleaning i know that thicker they are more people tend to keep them. thinner they are it gives them more reasons to bin them.

My next leaflet will be much more different to this one i did recently, thats for sure, and yes you are rights about what you say as in terms of cost and return, i understand that we counting on around 2 leaflets a 1000 to bring return of 80-100 pounds, but manu factors are indicating right now that we may not get the return we are looking for, but end of the day we will learn from it, and next time will do better and better.

nevil

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2009, 10:57:06 am »
The way I see the battle with leafleting is trying to create something that is intriguing enough for the customer to have a little read of it on their way to the bin. If it doesn't raise that little bit of curiosity then they won't call you even if they do want their carpets cleaned. Because you haven't caught their attention. I believe that is the challenge. Making them read it.

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2009, 11:09:38 am »
If you can get them distributed cheaply enough you could put anything on your leaflets and get a good return. Cheap RELIABLE distribution is a major factor.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2009, 11:29:32 am »
Dash, Dp will print your leaflet on any paper you like, I use 135gm

this leaflet is DN size ( 3 to an A4 sheet of paper) I'm using this size as I have a deal for 2 months with a leather clean/repair franchise who goes on the other side and we split the cost. hopefully this will work well so we can continue it.

last month I had a cock-up with delivery of the leaflets so didn't get them out, so we  tested an A6 card leaflet, hand delivered  we did 90 mins a day and have been getting good results from them.

derek west

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2009, 11:33:30 am »
ive got 5000 going out shared at £30 per 1000 + vat and 4000 going out solus at £45 per 1000 + vat.

hoping for 18 jobs in december from them, fingers crossed.

derek

mike

but you clean and repair leather?

and how many do you get out in that 90 mins, i'm guessing about 350 to 400

Mike Halliday

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2009, 11:51:48 am »
Derek, got sick of leather don't really enjoy it, so now just pass it on unless its an existing customer.

I sorted out 500 leaflets every morning ( put a mark on the kitchen wall above the work surface) and we set a target to get them out every day, so we were doing 2500 solus every week  we did this for a month and almost got a call off every days delivery.

jim74

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2009, 12:06:25 pm »
hi dash, try this way iam doing it and iam getting a very good result(roughly 1 in 100). i print out 25000 leaflet every 3 months the reson is coz i choosed 3 defferant areas where i live, 2 middle class and 1 working class.so i start leafleting  in area 1 then 2 then 3 by the time all the leaflets are finished i start all over again from area 1.In this way ppl well know me in these 3 arera.theres 4 very impotant things though
1-the ppl that post your leaflet must be trustworthy(a friend of main is a leaflet distributor and got a team of 4) so i know that all my leaflets r posted not half of them thrown away
2-your leaflet got 2 be well desinged ( i got my mob number in it only)with some limited time offers.
3-Be very honest and straight forward with customers(iam very sure that you are)which help building up your reputation and get a free ad to newer customer by  word of mouth
4-choose huge estate areas.(roughly 40% of my jobs come from working class areas and i do have a good time doing these jobs)
wish you all the best and luck hope that ive been a help..

regards jim

james roffey

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2009, 12:07:42 pm »
Regarding using Mobile number on leaflet i would never use anyone who only had a mobile number it screams out "cowboy" to me, thats only my opinion though.

steven_k

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2009, 12:31:42 pm »
we quiet right now picking up a bit getting 10000 postcards done with calendar on back hopefully this works or santa going to be in bad books lol