derek west

Re: xmas rush
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 06:52:41 pm »
woohoooooo
i did more than col last december and it was my first one.
hoping to double last decembers. flingers clossed, sorry, eating chinese again.

derek

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 06:54:41 pm »
Trouble is that my memory plays tricks on me and when I think back I was working in my sleep 8 days a week! the reality is that I was busy and couldn't fill spaces because I was aready full and had enough of working too late.

Roger you like the high life too much I take bookings in January just to hide from the wife ;D

Shaun

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2009, 06:55:48 pm »
Derek knowing Colin that's will have been a days wage.

Shaun

Len Gribble

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2009, 08:58:50 pm »
Six Saturdays till Christmas not enough need 10

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Jim_77

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2009, 09:17:08 pm »
well what are you doing posting on here then get to work!!!! ;)

Len Gribble

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2009, 10:15:50 pm »
it's friday ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Ricky M

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2009, 10:22:21 pm »
sorted this xmas last year .
now working on march as I was a bit quiet that time last year but I wont let it happen again
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2009, 11:18:32 pm »
I've made my executive decision-I'm finishing for Christmas when I stop work on Tuesday 22nd. :)

Curry and lots of beer that night. The 23rd will be taking it easy and finishing getting ready for Christmas. Christmas Eve I shall be back on the beer as it is my Birthday. ;D

Roger
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2009, 09:01:53 am »
I've made my executive decision-I'm finishing for Christmas when I stop work on Tuesday 22nd. :)

Curry and lots of beer that night. The 23rd will be taking it easy and finishing getting ready for Christmas. Christmas Eve I shall be back on the beer as it is my Birthday. ;D

Roger

Isn't it brilliant being your own boss? :D

colin thomas

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2009, 11:35:49 am »
roger, are you my long lost twin brother, that's exactly what i am doing this year, i've had enough of working right up to xmas eve, i'm stopping on the tuesday as well,

colin
colin thomas

Matt Lindus

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2009, 11:46:56 am »
Well my guys working till tuesday next week then got nothing for him till friday! So next weeks pocket money for me will be aroung £30!! as for chirstmas, well errm, dont ask. Put it this way if I was relying on carpet cleaning as my sole income I'd be in the soup kitchen!
I will have him up ladders in the mean time doing tuning jobs.

clinton

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2009, 12:26:47 pm »
Roger might join you ;)

Heaton tandoori by any chance or the curry mike ;D

richy27

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2009, 12:41:20 pm »
Well my guys working till tuesday next week then got nothing for him till friday! So next weeks pocket money for me will be aroung £30!! as for chirstmas, well errm, dont ask. Put it this way if I was relying on carpet cleaning as my sole income I'd be in the soup kitchen!

matt not being funny but heard that from you so many times its getting boring . is there not a forum for sat and aerial installers.

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2009, 03:31:09 pm »

matt not being funny but heard that from you so many times its getting boring . is there not a forum for sat and aerial installers.

Meowww Richard, put them claws back in ;D ;D ;D

richy27

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2009, 03:49:05 pm »

Meowww Richard, put them claws back in ;D ;D ;D

sorry col am tired and wawn out after earning my peanuts this week lol

Matt Lindus

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2009, 05:11:36 pm »
I will admit, I am a real negative swine on occasions. I will leave this post on a positive for a change,,,

I bought 3 Rug Doctors about a month ago in order to get into the hire market. Guess what, no ones interested. The comments I get back are that people would prefer to spend their time doing other things than cleaning carpets. Most people would prefer to use a professional and have the job done correctly.

I thought I could get more work for my guy with this venture. Big mistake!!!
So when you see them units in B&Q, that’s the very reason why you see them! ;D

Matt

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2009, 05:28:52 pm »
A gentlemans reply

People want carpet cleaning but what else they want comes to the kind of buyer they are, so cheapest, best, driest, cleanest, colourful'est, timing, most polite etc the idea is to pick your customer not the other way around... simles, honest ;D

Shaun

Ian Rochester

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2009, 10:07:17 pm »
Probably the main reason the Christmas rush has disappeared is not because people aren't getting their carpets cleaned, it's because there are more people out there to cleaning carpets.

I started out in Jan 2003 mainly because my Aunt was trying to get her carpets cleaned before the Christmas and was told by the sole carpet cleaner in the area that he had a 6 week waiting list.  There are now 5 of us in the area doing carpet cleaning...same amount of people living here!!

As for us, we're booked up for the next two weeks and now taking booking for first two weeks in December.  Full shutdown of all operations 5pm on 23rd Dec - 4th Jan with the exception of a couple of very important commercial jobs that require servicing.

MAX Carpets

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2009, 05:54:58 pm »
Fully booked ( and I mean fully!) for the next two weeks. Got my normal Xmas mail shot ready to go but holding back as I dont want to over cook it! Finishing on 22nd, take Wife and kids to sunny Butlins for Xmas!!

derek west

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2009, 06:34:51 pm »
fully booked and your going butlins ??? ;D

derek