maxcarpets

Xmas cancelations
« on: November 22, 2007, 01:12:53 pm »
I am experiencing a high volume of cancellations! I suppose with Xmas around the corner people are watching the pennies, bloody annoying though!

Wheres this Xmas rush then?

Cheers

Justin

Re: Xmas cancelations
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 01:46:18 pm »
What I am finding is I'm getting people booking jobs 2-3 weeks ahead whereas as normally its 1-2 weeks. Despite confirmations I've had 4 people cancel the day before and one an hour before I was supposed to turn up!

Three of them had booked 2-3 weeks on. >:(

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 02:20:01 pm »
Fed up with people postponing jobs ............. not many slots left for moving too and still getting done pre xmas  ::)

spencer davies

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 02:39:05 pm »
Going on holiday for two weeks over christmas  8) I got messed around a lot last year, I even had one person phoning on Boxing Day ???

S

Deep Clean Newcastle Gateshead

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 02:52:29 pm »
Take a non refundable deposit! Cuts down on cancellations.  If they dont want to pay a deposit then they dont value your time.
Northumberland, Newcastle & Gateshead Carpet Cleaning
http://www.deepclean-uk.co.uk

The Great One

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 03:07:44 pm »
Hi

Apologies, but if a plumber, electrician or other trade wanted a deposit weeks before they started the job, I would be very concerned and would probably laugh at them.

Does anyone on here, do that kind of thing?

Regards

Martin 8)

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 03:45:27 pm »
The Plumbers I've had didn't take a deposit, but they didn't turn up either.

The only thing I take heart from is I seem to have a sixth sense who it's likley to be. I'll save up my rugs in future.

Deep Clean Newcastle Gateshead

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 04:07:34 pm »
Not had a single person laugh at me. They are booking a professional, to get a professional service, some one who shows up on time, and gets the job done, not a plumber who turns up 30 mins, 2 hrs late, or just not turn up....
It all goes with the presentation when i do the inspection. Not had a single cancellation, had one reschedule to Jan, and if any thing, business has increased taking a deposits, not decreased. 
Northumberland, Newcastle & Gateshead Carpet Cleaning
http://www.deepclean-uk.co.uk

Doug Holloway

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 07:45:34 pm »
Hi Guys

I had one stupid women who booked up 5 weeks ahead and then cancelled because she had found someone cheaper , three weeks ahead.

It would be nice if she got quotes  first,  but these type of people are just not worth having, so I resisted the temptation to tell her what I thought.

Generally though I am getting good quality work and plenty of it.

Cheers

Doug

Ian Rochester

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007, 08:24:46 pm »
I had one the other day, just a lounge carpet, said all the family were ill and would give me a call later.........yeah!!

stevegunn

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2007, 08:48:45 pm »
Decorators not finished the best one up to now

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2007, 11:21:14 pm »
Don't talk to me about Christmas cancelations.

Had one the other day said she had a nut allergy.

I said not that old chestnut again. ::) 

prodry

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2007, 12:24:07 am »
Decorators not finished the best one up to now

Last year I had a customer phone up and say had to cancel as wife had the decorators in. I joked that my wife was also a nusaince at certain times of the month. Turned out that his wife did actually have decorators in painting house.. Doh. He didnt laugh and I ended the phone call abruptly. He phoned back half an hour later laughing his head off having just realised my mistake.

Neil Grainger

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2007, 10:40:13 am »
Just had one today for this afternoon, I have fell over and hurt myself and am going to A & E so wont be able to let you clean today. ???

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2007, 11:13:53 pm »
Don't talk to me about Christmas cancelations.

Had one the other day said she had a nut allergy.

I said not that old chestnut again. ::) 

Mate of mine at school had peanut allergy ........ we used to play russian roulette with a packet of Revels  ::)

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 07:45:35 pm »
WE SHOULD HUNT THEM DOWN AND BEAT THEM WITH A SLOPPY TERRY TOWEL
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
[/b]

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 09:36:42 pm »
Is it me or is it NOT as busy as last year?

This time last year I was starting to fill January, I've still got a few spaces left for Decemeber, you know the appointments knowone wants because they want to be in the pub!

Shaun

mark_roberts

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 11:04:52 pm »
Cancellation tomorrow.  husband booked last week.  Rang today to confirm.  Wife didnt have a clue about it as husband was away on business and didnt tell her.

Worst still she decided to go out and hire a rug doctor for the first time and spent all day Saturday cleaning two small rooms. 

Tells me shes hurt her back.  Like i care love.

Mark