Re: in demand
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2007, 09:57:54 am »
Only a couple of weeks ago you claimed to be so quiet

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=35832.0#msg281544

Told you it would pick up

Matt Lindus

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2007, 11:14:50 am »
true damian...its said jealousy and anger shorten your life span...so i stay well away!! lifes too short!

Start you sent with a capital. So it sould be 'True Damian,(Use capitals for names of people) then use a comma, 'its said jelousy and anger shorten your life span,another comma,   so(Capital 'I')   stay well away!!.Full stop.
Lifes too short!

Its easy really.

Matt

Matt Lindus

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2007, 11:18:01 am »
capitals at BEGINNING of sentence or paragraph...well..same thing actually...!

How can you preach about grammar, when your quite clearly a sinner!! ::)
Whats with all the .... after .... every .... word? Never seen that before.

Matt

murky

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2007, 12:00:20 pm »
Well done Carpetguy, my thoughts exactly.

If he's that good at his job (and not so big headed that he's got to tell everyone that he's booked up for 3 weeks) he wouldn't have to come on here and ask 'How much?  or 'What do I do? all the time.

I would respectfully suggest that he looks at his pricing structure, I would rather earn more money for less work rather than run around like a headless chicken what with wear and tear and depreciation etc. 3pc suite £25.00. HSL £10.00 while were here darlin'.

And dont forget that fully booked means in my book starting ant 8.30/9 and working right through till 5 or 5.30, for 5 days a week, thats full time mate. Setting up, working, making sure the job is OK and on to the next job.

Yeah Right.
We can all be a busy fool if we want.

steve k

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2007, 01:27:36 pm »
Matt...because this is a forum...and it is a representation of speech...and I wasn`t preaching.
Read more and you will see it a lot.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2007, 02:04:09 pm »
Well Tony, you were saying last time a saw you that you weren't charging enough, now it's time to put your prices up you are too cheap that is why you are booked up! you can afford to lose a few as you naturally will because some will not wait unless they REALLY want you.

Shaun

your bang on the money mate i was too cheap and to some i still am but ive only loss three custy in  four months due the the prices going up and it great doing the same work for mor money 

vangaurd

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2007, 02:05:12 pm »
doubting thomase's  would you all like to see my books?
feel free , iam busyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

brucie

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2007, 03:54:28 pm »
I haven't advertised for 4 years .Always busy ,usually booked up at least 10 days in advance ,all on recommendations and repeat business

Dave_Lee

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2007, 04:39:03 pm »
Just remember there are a lot of part-timers on this forum, so if they are booked up for a week  the same number of jobs may be only a days work to a full time Truckmounter.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

mark_roberts

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2007, 04:41:32 pm »
For the record Im not saying your telling untruths about being booked three weeks in advance as sometimes that will happen but soley on recommendations and nothing else is where my belief starts to wane.

If I could manage to get that many referrals then Id be richer than Joe Polish.

Mark

Derek

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2007, 05:07:28 pm »
I have to say that most of my work is from repeat customers or referals and I am usually booked a fortnight in advance at least.

A few years ago my clients had to wait at least five weeks for a slot

I always clean for my clients with a view that it will 'not' be the last time I do work for them...its far easier and cheaper to get your clients to obtain work for you than walking the streets with a handful of leaflets

Sadly...I am still not as rich as Joe Polish  ;)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2007, 05:20:28 pm »
whether you are booked up for 3 weeks or booked up for only tomorrow you will still be doing the same amount of work and earning the same amount of money, because they mean exactly the same thing, tomorrow you will be working

i would say only 30% of my work is existing & recommends if I relied on it i would be a poor man.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

*paul_moss

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2007, 06:00:04 pm »
Im similar to Mike ,40% of my work is referals/reccomendations the rest comes from many different avenues of marketing which can be very expensive over thet year so I cant wait till the day comes when I dont have to advertise,I guess many years yet though.
At the moment im a week and a half in front which is about the norm.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Ian Rochester

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2007, 06:02:48 pm »
We have a steady flow of work on the carpet cleaning side of the business, however with this type of work you are always looking for the next job, there are dry spells and times when you wish you had a fleet of vans on the road.

This is why I diversified into other aspects of cleaning, especially the more regular guaranteed work, window cleaning, office cleaning, etc.  The rewards may not be as great as the carpets, but they keep the money coming in and the staff employed.

Remember, you need turnover to make profit!

Steve Chapman

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2007, 06:05:36 pm »
as has often been said this is a funny old business

I've been down to my last job booked in and come home with 4 or 5 referrals and it's all  kicked off again :o

I would believe anything about this business, the amount of times i've been worried about work and all of sudden i'm snowed under with work, it's all come from no where.

being fully booked up for me ( just work for myself ) for three weeks would equate to about 60+ jobs,

Now that would be nice 8)

regards
steve

*paul_moss

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2007, 06:05:54 pm »
We have a steady flow of work on the carpet cleaning side of the business, however with this type of work you are always looking for the next job, there are dry spells and times when you wish you had a fleet of vans on the road.

This is why I diversified into other aspects of cleaning, especially the more regular guaranteed work, window cleaning, office cleaning, etc.  The rewards may not be as great as the carpets, but they keep the money coming in and the staff employed.

Remember, you need turnover to make profit!

Ian well said
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

Len Gribble

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2007, 06:31:10 pm »
Eggs in one basket (danger) why did the big cc franchisors diversify  ;)

Len 
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Derek

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2007, 06:57:02 pm »
Len

Because they saw big bucks in the Fire and Flood industry...all changed now though

*paul_moss

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2007, 07:07:45 pm »
Derek
 Only because there are too many spoons in the soup. :D
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

Liahona

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2007, 07:19:31 pm »
Steve, I am not questioning what you have said for a minute.  My question is though how do you do 4 or 5 jobs a day?  Would it not be easier to raise your prices a little to do perhaps 3 jobs a day for the same monies. 

Again, I am not questioning what you do at all, just trying to help you not have to set up so many times.  Best, Dave.