dianeo

www.ukclean.com
« on: May 28, 2006, 10:45:29 pm »
Hi all,

I run a cleaning company in Essex. I've just finished building this website (http://www.ukclean.com) please register and tell me what you think. I've not finished the login area yet so please let me know what you think should/could be in there?

Your comments good or bad are welcome.

Thank you,

Diane

craigp

Re: www.ukclean.com
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 10:56:56 pm »
why would a cleaning company want to be listed?

dianeo

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 11:02:11 pm »
Why Not !! ;D

craigp

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 11:05:56 pm »
well, is your website going to get anymore traffic than any other companies own website? you got a give some benifit ???

dianeo

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 11:13:05 pm »
No you can list your company free. How much does it cost to list with yell.com with a link to your website?? this has nothing to do with my company. but i have listed my details.

Diane

carpetcleaning4u

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 11:15:27 pm »
Chav  ;D ;D ;D
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master !!

dianeo

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 11:17:47 pm »
Thanks

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 08:22:45 am »
Hi

The web site is listed as 'UK' so what's the significance of the large red and white flag on a web site.
I may be fairly new to marketing, but I was told, it's very bad for business to show an allegience to ........religion..........football teams.......nationality, for obvious reasons.

Pity because the concept is otherwise Ok

angie

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 08:34:55 am »
I have taken this at face value another cleaner trying to help other cleaners.

I hope we do not start  getting phone calls.

I am a bit confused, at the top of the post you say you are just building the site.

Then you say its nothing to do with you You have just listed  your details.

Then  when I check your previous  posts I found the words may charge for other  things.

Forgive me  for being suspicious  but as  one of the Moderators I have to keep  an eye out for people using  this site  as a Free Advertising Medium for their own enterprises.

However  at present I will accept this as A Cleaner Helping Others, and  presume  any revenue will come from Affiliate programs.

One last question in your Links section you have lots of trade Logos have you asked permission to use them?

Not trying to scupper your idea but enthusiasm can get you into hot water.

craigp

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 10:34:17 am »
***listing agreement  ukclean.com reserves the right to amend our policies or Listing Agreement of Listing a Business on ukclean.com at any time without giving advance notice. It is your responsibility to review these at regular intervals so you are fully aware of any changes.***

i'll be honest this is why i would not put my details on, that and how high are you in google rankings wheres the traffic come from? i cant see any customer coming to me through this avenue,

im sceptaical of these things and suspicicous. the listing agreement i quoted above may as well say,

"in the future will charge its up to you to check for when we put that on, we do it when we got lots listed to make lots of cash"

which by the way would not be upheld by any court, due to 'unfair terms & conditions act'

the red carpet

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 01:43:59 pm »
well if it costs nothing theres nothing to loose is there.

Diane, I have just registered my details,
i do carpets and upholstery and im only down the road from you in waltham abbey so if you ever get any carpet work you wanna sub out give me a shout.
Daniel

Ps, You will find quite a few members on this board are allready registered with a simualer site www.scsf.co.uk

garyj

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 01:58:04 pm »
I was the first person to read this post when it was first written. I had a look at the site and thought what a load of rubbish. It is a very poor site, full of advertising, badly laid out and amateur. Looks  like it was knocked up in half an hour.
A complete waste of time.

poles apart

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 12:12:51 am »
No you can list your company free. How much does it cost to list with yell.com with a link to your website?? this has nothing to do with my company. but i have listed my details.

Diane

I think this is the post you are referring to. Well I read it as saying it's not a website promoting her company only as she already says she made it in the first post. I think you are misreading it.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 12:40:19 am »
Hi all,

I run a cleaning company in Essex. I've just finished building this website (http://www.ukclean.com) please register and tell me what you think. I've not finished the login area yet so please let me know what you think should/could be in there?

Thank you,

Diane

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 12:42:39 am »
Hi all,

Thank you,

Diane

My Laud I put to the jury that this was stated I have just finished building yjis website.

poles apart

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2006, 12:45:55 am »
Don't you start!

garyj

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2006, 12:48:55 am »
Ian, this is running on commercial cleaning.

Dianeo is getting angry  ;D ;D

I only said i thought it was rubbish  ::)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 12:57:04 am »
I know I just read it.

Just wanted to clear confusion.

Anyway its getting loads of Free Publicity

PS I registered but I better not get a phone call sellig me an upgrade or something.

dianeo

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 01:24:33 am »
I know I just read it.

Just wanted to clear confusion.

Anyway its getting loads of Free Publicity

PS I registered but I better not get a phone call sellig me an upgrade or something.

Ian,

I will not be phoning you have you seen your links have I asked you for any money NO and i will not be.

Kind regards

Diane

garyj

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 01:49:09 am »
Friendly isn't she  ::) ::)

But it does say your details may be sold to a third party LOL.