finding good staff
« on: March 08, 2015, 09:55:36 am »
Pay scale 9.00 per hour fixed 35 hrs pls bonus ??? I think is fair and should attract a decent hard working practical lad but no decent hard working honest eager to learn young gentleman even apply. they will receive full training, will be sent on an IOSH course and the work quite pleasant. All those who do apply are not interested in a career only what hours they will work, they don't do early mornings, don't do week ends. What is happening with youngsters today ???

Mike Halliday

Re: finding good staff
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 10:03:56 am »
You are looking in the wrong places, the people you want already have jobs but are being treated badly and are under appreciated.

I have been asked about jobs numerous times by the staff in the coffee shops I frequent ( Neros, Costa) they all Complain about being treated like poo, long hours.... they start at 6:45am and finish at 7pm they get 30 mins lunch which often they are too busy to take.

Most hate thier jobs and are looking for alternative employment, I know this as fact as my son works for Costa coffee and he tells me most of his workmates are unhappy, he hates it and constantly as for his old job back with me
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Lewis Newby

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 10:11:23 am »
Make his start at the bottom Mike, you know- making teas and coffees lol

derek west

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 11:30:18 am »
You are looking in the wrong places, the people you want already have jobs but are being treated badly and are under appreciated.

I have been asked about jobs numerous times by the staff in the coffee shops I frequent ( Neros, Costa) they all Complain about being treated like poo, long hours.... they start at 6:45am and finish at 7pm they get 30 mins lunch which often they are too busy to take.

Most hate thier jobs and are looking for alternative employment, I know this as fact as my son works for Costa coffee and he tells me most of his workmates are unhappy, he hates it and constantly as for his old job back with me
makes bloody good sense, look for people that are working all ready but want something a bit better. you'll never be able to offer better rates of pay than benefits.

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 12:30:46 pm »
Actually Mike thats a good hunting ground the coffee shops and restaurants. I believe this to be a good opportunity and when I semi - retire at the end of next year hopefully he/she would be competent enough to take over the rains 8) i always take great care with my vehicles, repair all the equipment myself, and of course marketing, sales, customer relations, accounting etc etc go with the territory. Most that is 70% of my work is commercial carpets, upholstery, vinyl flooring etc so has great potentuial for a youngish go getter to grow the business and become a director within a short time.

Reg

jasonl

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 05:19:38 pm »
I find tyre places have the best potential carpet cleaners , they have customer care skills , know about not damaging items being worked on , and work hard
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 08:28:06 am »

I thought when Costa advertises for staff they are flooded with applications . You would think word would get round

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 08:29:06 am »
Anyway a man as rich as you could set your son up with a KFC franchise