Steve Gunn

Enforcer
« on: September 01, 2014, 11:25:08 am »
Anyone in the North East got one willing to demo it for me or anyone going to Expo in Scotland who has one

Brendan (chem2clean)

Re: Enforcer
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 04:42:16 pm »
hey Steve,how much are they?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 05:33:23 pm »
Will you set it up like a truck mount with water tanks?

Shaun

Steve Gunn

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 05:36:34 pm »
£3200+vat 400psi v2 heater , built in 3kw heater, auto fill, auto dump and remote control
No will be taking it on and off the van

cannon

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 05:37:58 pm »
You should have got an Excell TURBO! when you had the chance. I told you months ago, bet you're kicking yourself now  ;D

Russ Chadd

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 07:31:22 pm »
That's the same spec as mine Steve and you will love it,  use it like a porty and you will not be disappointed

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 07:45:59 pm »
Looks like a cracking machine,does it not come auto fill?

Russ Chadd

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 08:11:36 pm »
No auto fill or dump as standard... Def go for the remote control... Very handy !
The ingenious idea to delay each motor on startup allows you to switch the machine on directly from the plug socket.

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 08:17:03 pm »
No auto fill or dump as standard... Def go for the remote control... Very handy !
The ingenious idea to delay each motor on startup allows you to switch the machine on directly from the plug socket.
Russ forgive my ignorance,but can you explain,not following what you mean by switching on from the plug socket.

davep

Russ Chadd

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 09:48:20 pm »
Ok... So if you have a machine with 2 motors and a pump you can't normally switch both motors and pump on at the same time because the amp draw would be too great and trip your power.
The enforcer has an electrical circuit which delays the startup between motor 1 and motor 2 allowing motor 1 to start first then the motor 2 to follow.
This allows you to start and stop the machine from the 13amp plug socket in the customers home instead of going to the machine

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 10:03:32 pm »
Yeah taught thats what you meant,never had a problem with mine tripping like that,but mine porty is a prochem,probably a big difference in power.

Paul Moss

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 10:07:26 pm »
Steve, you still got yer truck ?

Steve Gunn

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2014, 06:21:25 am »
Yes heat exchanger gone going to by pass it today but with over 6000 hours on the clock not worth spending the 1k or so to replace hx

Neil Jones

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2014, 07:17:54 am »
Steve there is a 501 error on your services page

Steve Gunn

Chris Mc Donnell

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 09:50:54 am »
Hi Everyone

New to this , bought storm machine from Cleansmart after using Ashbys machines.

This machine is fantastic.

Chris

Chris Mc Donnell

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2014, 09:51:51 am »
Hi Everyone

Chris

john martin

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2014, 10:45:41 am »
Hi Everyone

Chris

What u mean is u bought a storm after using some ancient ninja  .....doubt u get rid of an enforcer

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2014, 12:23:35 pm »
I would......for a truck mount lol

I'm surprised that Steve didn't look at the mytee etm but it all depends what you want to do with machine.

Shaun

liviu pastravanu

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2014, 04:32:03 pm »
Hi Shaun,

You said you might sell you truckmount soon. What truckmount is it?

Cheers
Liviu

Len Gribble

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2014, 07:56:16 pm »
Steve

ASHBEY’S…….!!!!!! NEVER AGAIN.!!!!!!! Oh Chris machine still working with a few modifications!
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2014, 09:27:32 pm »
I'm not selling it for now I'll let everyone know when I do.

Shaun

Len Gribble

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2014, 07:38:41 pm »
Hi Steve

Bit surprised you didn’t pick the jag 6.6 when you said never say never…!!!!! ;D
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Billy Russell

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2014, 08:36:39 pm »
Hi Steve

Bit surprised you didn’t pick the jag 6.6 when you said never say never…!!!!! ;D

Steve couldn't handle the power of the Jag  ;D

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2014, 11:32:14 pm »
Steve I am gob smacked some of us have been on here too long and I remember  the reaction of a certain company when you made a post about them  regarding their guarantee.

But  I would like to ask a question regarding this enforcer

Does it have better performance than a Ninja?

Steve Gunn

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2014, 07:23:42 am »
Life is too short to hold grudges I even made up with Nick when last in Cornwall it's business after all. I vowed I'd never have another Ford after my experience with a transit just looked at another Ford yesterday and almost certain I'll be ordering one 8) As I've got older I've mellowed

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2014, 08:20:47 am »
I agree Steve some companies don't offer what you want but making it personal is futile self employment is all about you and your family anything else just gets in the way.

When do you get your enforcer?

Shaun

Mike Roper

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2014, 01:34:29 pm »
Steve I would be interested in your opinion of the Enforcer once you have tested it out.
Mike

davep

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2014, 04:52:22 pm »
Had mine running 8 hrs today no problems cleaning 15 sets of stairs.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2014, 05:32:05 pm »
Dave have you found that you clean differently (not better or worse) with your enforcer?

Shaun

Len Gribble

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2014, 07:16:11 pm »
Steve

didn't you get a tracker number ??? ???

Len Gribble

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2014, 08:45:09 pm »
where Sittingbourne 8)

Steve Gunn

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2014, 01:45:18 pm »
Only one parcel turned up and guess what it wasn't the machine, TNT don't know where it is ::)roll

Len Gribble

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2014, 06:30:13 pm »
Hi Steve

Technically the machine is not a parcel!

Have you ever lost luggage on a flight same scenario  :'(

Paul Clapham

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2014, 10:08:13 am »
I would not trust any TNT type company to deliver a £4000 machine, best option would be to pick up yourself or get a local Man with a Van to collect for you.
This is the season for fine wine, and drunken friends, enjoy this moment, for this moment is your life.

Steve Gunn

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2014, 11:52:55 am »
Well it's been delivered at 10.15 tried it on our rug very impressed heat is fantastic and rug is practically dry ok it is a fantastic sunny day but initial impressions I've made a good choice.

brianbarber

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2014, 05:01:59 pm »
Be nice to get a full report after you've done some jobs with it.
Did you get it with steam mate?

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2014, 05:19:52 pm »
Well it's been delivered at 10.15 tried it on our rug very impressed heat is fantastic and rug is practically dry ok it is a fantastic sunny day but initial impressions I've made a good choice.

I'm always gobsmacked by the massive coincidence that when ever some one spends a large amount of  money on a machine the first time they give it a try it performs fantactically and gives amazing results, I've never heard anyone say it did a crap job but it might be better next time.

Its like they need to justify the large amount of cash they have spent so have to 'big it up' ;) ;)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Robin Ray

« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2014, 05:29:19 pm »
Yes Mike,

Even more so when someone buys something really big like a Truck Mount.  ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2014, 05:42:29 pm »
EXACTLY!! How many times have I seen a post about someone getting a truckmount and the first job they use it on dries in 30 minutes ::)roll ::)roll

And the 3 hrs it would take with a portable takes 90 minutes :D

It's the same with anyone who boosts  about a new chemical, it always work fantastic the first time they give it a try.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Steve Gunn

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2014, 06:06:00 pm »
Be nice to get a full report after you've done some jobs with it.
Did you get it with steam mate?

Mr B

Yes got the v2 built in as well as the in tank heater, Mike I'm glad you think it's a large amount of money but to me it's money well spent that is going to make me more money than it cost ;D and you know me if it was poop I'd be telling everybody

Russ Chadd

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2014, 09:05:13 am »
I spent a fair amount of money on a Prowler, bearing in mind I still had a jag at the time I could compare the two and measure performance.
Needless to say after a while I realised that a good porty performed just as well and so I sold both machines and purchased an Enforcer...
Mike, i have been through loads of porty's and the Enforcer is top of the tree, put aside Ashbys "legendary" customer service for a moment... This is a good machine, well designed and oozes quality compared to some of the other so called top end machines on the market.
It's performance stands up too... If you were going to put a smaller van on the road this is the machine you should consider.

adrian marsh

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2014, 09:39:23 am »
Re: The Enforcer. Do you have to empty this machine after every job before loading onto van? Appears that no water can be left in the unit. Bit of a faff having to refill at each customers house.

Darren O

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2014, 09:43:12 am »
Would say the enforcer looks the best porty out there at the moment the only thing that puts me of is the design of it looks very similar to my old Hydarmaster Raptor total nightmare taking it into tenements 4 flights up.

john martin

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2014, 10:48:41 am »
Re: The Enforcer. Do you have to empty this machine after every job before loading onto van? Appears that no water can be left in the unit. Bit of a faff having to refill at each customers house.

Its not a major faff  ..  i tend to spray remaining water into  the wast tank with the short red hose u get with the Enforcer  . Its good practice to spray down the tank filter and tank , it takes a minute . I dosn't have to be emptied dry ,You can leave a couple of inches in the bottom of the clean tank as the top side of the cleantank has a lip so it does not splash out when its on its back .
Emptying is worth it for the easy back loading imo .

JandS

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2014, 10:52:49 am »
You mean some people travel around with the porty full of water, surely it would splash all over.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

john martin

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2014, 10:55:28 am »
Would say the enforcer looks the best porty out there at the moment the only thing that puts me of is the design of it looks very similar to my old Hydarmaster Raptor total nightmare taking it into tenements 4 flights up.

A couple of steps up or down to a house its a breeze  .  A full flight of stairs ... most of my apts have lifts so no problem but i had to lift it up three flights of outer concrete stairs once since i got it .  I managed OK ... its more an upper shoulder hoist than a back strain but its not something i would like to do regularly . I have the immersion heater but i think the inbuilt inline might be the tipping point for me for stair climbing  ... i would be of medium strength  . Some of you muscley types would do it easier .  

Russ Chadd

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2014, 11:16:23 am »
Alltec made me and Billy Russell an Alltec Express with the same vac motors, 2" Input, 150psi pump, inline heater... We use this machine when faced with stairs as it's easy to lift.
Also it's perfect for car interiors, single rooms and upholstery.

adrian marsh

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2014, 01:20:02 pm »
You mean some people travel around with the porty full of water, surely it would splash all over.

Not exactly full of water JandS, but the water already heated and not used on first job is taken to second and subsequeint jobs. Handy for mixing next solution on arrival as well. Personally I hardy ever use a clients water to fill the unit. I'll fill my unit about half full (Alltec Advance Triple Vac) before leaving home, also carry a couple of 25ltr drums with additional water supply to be used as and when. I know it's not how everyone would work but my clients seem to appreciate the fact I'm not using their water, be it hot or cold.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2014, 01:39:58 pm »
why?  your using their electricity which has more value than tap water. The mind boggles  ???

Your making it more complicated for yourself IMO.

adrian marsh

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2014, 02:02:44 pm »
As I posted CarpetD. It's not how everyone would work but it works for me, and no, it's not more complicated, in fact it easier than running back and to to their tap with a bucket or hose. It also cuts down on time spent on the job, just like a TM're would do it really. Lost count of the number of new clients who, having used other cc's in the past, are pleasantly surprised to discover I'm not going to nick all their hot water. Each to their own.

Anyway, we digress. I noticed with the Enforcer it appears that to transport it you have to tip it all the way over, requiring it to be almost fully emptied. Not knocking it's performance or those who own one, just seems a bit of a negative to me.

JandS

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2014, 02:49:43 pm »
I always travel with Ninja on its back so not an option anyway for me.
Don't like driving with it upright, seems too unstable for me.
Like the idea of carrying your own water though, not from the customers side but can see how it would make it quicker.
Machine off, plug in heater and pour water in tank...not ping about in and out with the bucket.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

davep

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2014, 04:23:21 pm »
Got my enforcer van mounted. Auto fill and dump. Just pull extension over and bish bash I'm off.  Remote control helps too. Not that I'm lazy  :P

brianbarber

« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2014, 04:26:25 pm »
I always travel with Ninja on its back so not an option anyway for me.
Don't like driving with it upright, seems too unstable for me.
Like the idea of carrying your own water though, not from the customers side but can see how it would make it quicker.
Machine off, plug in heater and pour water in tank...not ping about in and out with the bucket.

When I used ninja with my old connect, I used the water from window cleaning tank, much easier not having to ponce about with buckets in custys house....IMHO

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

Darren O

« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2014, 07:14:58 pm »
Enforcer looks good but would hate to use it full time ok for the odd job or upholstery but wouldnt come close to my truckmount for power or speed.

Len Gribble

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2014, 07:24:06 pm »
Mr B

Stop trying to convince yourself sell the van & TM you know you want the enforcer, LM is another way..!!!! ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2014, 09:03:31 pm »
What wands are you using on your enforcers ? And what sized nozzles?

Shaun

john martin

« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2014, 09:53:27 pm »
What wands are you using on your enforcers ? And what sized nozzles?

Shaun

me , simple straight single jet 12 with 04 i think  , i dislike s-bend wands and prefer a higher positioned jet .

Steve Gunn

« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2014, 08:03:51 am »
Two days of using enforcer and the biggest difference is it's adding 15 to 30 minutes onto jobs filling buckets, more drying passes and putting machine away. The results I'm achieving are on par with t/m although taking longer to achieve it's not costing me £5-£6 an hour running tm so more profit. The heat is fantastic defiantly recommend getting the V2 add on  

If I had never owned a tm I wouldn't have known the difference it's just taking some getting used to, none of the customers who I've cleaned for before even mentioned I was using a different machine.

stuart_clark

« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2014, 08:24:32 am »
Steve

customers couldnt care less what machine you use, as long as there carpets are clean and left relatively dry

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2014, 06:07:48 pm »
I have customers that used services because of my truckmount I couldn't make a living out of that statement but it does add up.

Steve if you put a water tank in your van would it speed things up?

Shaun

stuart_clark

« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2014, 06:55:32 pm »
The large majority of customers havent a clue what you are going to clean there carpet with and I would say 95% of them have never heard of a TM but maybe its different where I live, most carpet cleaners in the north east use portables, not all but the majority and run vrry profitable businesses

Stuart

Steve Gunn

« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2014, 07:15:18 pm »
Got auto fill but no outside tap need to get some indoor tap connectors,

Shaun new van coming in the next 2 weeks so looking at all options but to be fair I no longer run round like a headless chicken from 1 job to the next so an extra 15-30 minutes no skin off my nose.

Stuart is correct most customers aren't interested in what you use to clean their carpet as long as you get them clean

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2014, 10:23:08 pm »
I agree that most aren't bothered but some do actively look for or ask about a truckmount whether they've heard about them or had a cleaner at their last property use one, many of my customers will use my services because of it but I do sell it's benefits.

I'd still like to hear more about the enforcer, what is it that takes longer when cleaning? Is it bucket carrying or slow cleaning passes?

Shaun

stuart_clark

« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2014, 11:36:31 pm »
This thread is starting to sound like the porty verses yhe TM theme all  over again

Steve Gunn

« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2014, 06:20:53 am »
I agree that most aren't bothered but some do actively look for or ask about a truckmount whether they've heard about them or had a cleaner at their last property use one, many of my customers will use my services because of it but I do sell it's benefits.

I'd still like to hear more about the enforcer, what is it that takes longer when cleaning? Is it bucket carrying or slow cleaning passes?

Shaun

It's taking slightly longer as I'm making more drying passes as I'm conscious that they expect a certain level of dryness if they have used me in the past, going to get a couple of the little dri-eaz pods as snail dryers just too big. I suppose I'll get into a rhythm quite quickly it just takes some adjusting. Did a suite yesterday and can say it was just as quick with enforcer as with the tm and it felt quite dry when I finished

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2014, 09:49:10 am »
How many extra passes<

Would V2 heat water from outside tap enough , I only have a 2K heat exchanger , I think it was a V1 I just regard it as a heat boaster even if i wait 15 minutes for it to recirculate round tank etc but with my power brush does a good job
 I still cant understand if Enforcer is more  powerful than a Ninja

fibresafe

« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2014, 12:22:33 pm »
If I remember rightly, the Ninja with Ametek motors had 220" waterlift, the Enforcer with the Electro motors now has 230" waterlift, so yes the Enforcer is more powerful than the old Ninja. I think they fit the Electro motors in the Ninja now also.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2014, 03:03:45 pm »
Its marginal or does that translate into a higher increase in performance

fibresafe

« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2014, 03:40:07 pm »
The airflow's a little higher also - should be about 15CFM or so extra. Definitely an improvement on the old Ninja. More vacuum = drier carpets, it all helps!

Steve Gunn

« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2014, 03:49:16 pm »
How many extra passes<

Would V2 heat water from outside tap enough , I only have a 2K heat exchanger , I think it was a V1 I just regard it as a heat boaster even if i wait 15 minutes for it to recirculate round tank etc but with my power brush does a good job
 I still cant understand if Enforcer is more  powerful than a Ninja

Probably 3-4 which is overkill on my behalf but it's all about getting into a rhythm that suits my needs. It has 3kw built in tank as well as V2 built in so water tends to heat up using 3kw heater first while vacuuming and preparing for the clean.

Having owned a ninja in the past I personally do think the enforcer has the edge over the ninja in terms of performance all in all very pleased with the machine it suits my needs

Russ Chadd

« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2014, 08:02:15 pm »
90% of the time I just use the in tank heater which provides good! constant hot water to the wand... Perfect temperature for upholstery cleaning.
Add a V2 and you get very, very hot water, the tank heater provides a steady source of hot water and the V2 simply boosts it.
I normally extract at around 250 - 300 psi steady passes and single dry passes is all that's required on most carpets.