Mike Halliday

So what did you learn .....
« on: April 28, 2013, 04:43:56 pm »
..... From the TACCA day?

2 things  stuck in my mind, one was a quick talk with Jamie about how to find commercial contracts.

For  a long time I did some  strange   things to try and contact  big companies but I stopped doing Them as I came to the decision that 'professional' companies don't do gimmicky marketing?

But when Jamie started talking about cupcakes, posting shoes, sending holiday postcards it just clicked with me maybe those things I did weren't strange after all.

Secondly John Kelly and Richard from chemspec showed some forgers and talked about treating doctors surgeries and offices against communicable deseases and how there are companies making big money going into offices on a monthly basis and just fogging  them. An investment of £400 for a fogger and £20 of chemical and they are earning silly money.

Both of these were  gems of information which were just casually mentioned...... and that's what's great about days like this, if you keep your ears open you can hear business  changing information.

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Jamie Pearson

Re: So what did you learn .....
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 05:56:01 pm »
John Kelly and Richard from chemspec showed some forgers and talked about treating doctors surgeries and offices against communicable deseases and how there are companies making big money going into offices on a monthly basis and just fogging  them. An investment of £400 for a fogger and £20 of chemical and they are earning silly money.

This is the one that I took away from the day. It was the only demo that I saw in between my sessions but that little gem can help our business and our customers.

Glad to be of help Mike. Persistance was the main point I was trying to get over. It may well be that they dont currently have a budget for a maintenance programme. However staying in touch until the next budget review, helping them submit a proposal for the service and finally them coming to you as they have funding is the key.

The shoe sending is one of Brian Philbins tricks, not mine. Remember I am 6'4" and Scottish. That means I have size 12 feet. Imagine the cost of sending those in the post!

AshWhite

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 05:59:08 pm »
I learnt not to travel 2.5 hours with Billy after he's had a night of drinking Guiness!

The Dr. Surgery one was good - I missed the shoe one though??
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 06:03:06 pm »
I love a good stat: did you know a wool carpet can hold upto 15% of the moisture in a room and that's before it's been cleaned.

I love to talk pricing with people not my own pricing but theirs and how they came to their figure and how they sold it to the customer to get the job a few little nuggets came around to change or alter my own slant on pricing.

Shaun

stuart_clark

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 06:16:56 pm »
Jamie
Thats Odd I am 6ft 5 but only have size 10 ft :'(

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 06:19:53 pm »
Jamie
Thats Odd I am 6ft 5 but only have size 10 ft :'(

ah but you are not Scottish my friend  ;D

Garyj

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 06:32:16 pm »
Solutions are not well liked  somebody put the video up ::)roll

Nick was damn good to you once Steve, correct me if I am wrong but didn't he pass quite a lot of work to you?
Also remember in the dim and distant past you were singing his praises and saying how much you were earning because of things he had taught you and the products you used to buy off him.

Get over yourself, leave it alone and grow up.

jim mca

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 06:38:54 pm »
Just talking to a few of the guys watching Dave immersion cleaning rugs was great but most of all to put my prices up if franchises can charge top dollar so can I and cut myself into 2 for next year feel I missed a lot

Richard Basey-Fisher

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 06:49:23 pm »
I learnt many things this weekend  dont follow a sat nav and be a smart ass and turn a 1 mile journey into a 6 mile journey and go round in a circle  4 times.

When the bell rings to get in a q for a hog roast  sprint as cc s seem to leg it to the food.

On a more serious not i found all aspects covered to be very usefull alloy marketin s talk on seo was very interesting.

Paul did a very good leather restoration demo which was easy to understand

I enjoyed seeing the nu life demo and the sytems they use.

Prob the best tips i picked up and wanted to learn about were cleaning rug fringes correctly

So much to see and learn could of easily taken 2 days

cannon

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 06:53:13 pm »

John Kelly and Richard from chemspec showed some forgers and talked about treating doctors surgeries and offices against communicable deseases and how there are companies making big money going into offices on a monthly basis and just fogging  them. An investment of £400 for a fogger and £20 of chemical and they are earning silly money.

This also interested me alot, always a pleasure talking to Richard aswell a very knowledgeable guy.

Steve Gunn

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 06:55:54 pm »

Nick was damn good to you once Steve, correct me if I am wrong but didn't he pass quite a lot of work to you?
Also remember in the dim and distant past you were singing his praises and saying how much you were earning because of things he had taught you and the products you used to buy off him.

Get your facts right before coming on here all high and mighty you know nothing of the dealings I had with Nick,I actually visited Nick last year to bury the hatchet and things are good between the 2 of us.

It wasn't me having a pop at Solutions at the show this time so crawl back into your hole

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 06:57:55 pm »
Richard is a very approachable guy one of the gentlemen of our industry, actually recommends other people's products if they are better suited to your needs.

Shaun

Garyj

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 07:32:32 pm »

Get your facts right before coming on here all high and mighty you know nothing of the dealings I had with Nick,I actually visited Nick last year to bury the hatchet and things are good between the 2 of us.

It wasn't me having a pop at Solutions at the show this time so crawl back into your hole

Then why stir crap where it wasn't needed. You are always the first to have a pop at Solutions.

Put your dummy back in.

Are you saying you never championed Solutions and Nick never gave you any (very well ) paid work?

Answer that truthfully and I will gladly crawl back in my hole. Talk crap and you'll get some back.

Grow up Steve.

Steve Gunn

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 07:59:58 pm »

Then why stir crap where it wasn't needed. You are always the first to have a pop at Solutions.

Put your dummy back in.

Are you saying you never championed Solutions and Nick never gave you any (very well ) paid work?

Answer that truthfully and I will gladly crawl back in my hole. Talk crap and you'll get some back.

Grow up Steve.

I'll answer your question truthfully had 1 job in Manchester which paid well,1 in Bradford which cost me money that's it. Yes I championed Nick until I saw through all the b/s.
I'm continuing to run a successful business without Solutions reverted back to chemspec products which are top notch products and work well

Thanks for your interest in my business

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 08:10:55 pm »
........oh just remembered. I also learned, from Billy -YES Billy, not to drink with Peter Maybury

Steve Gunn

Garyj

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 08:16:48 pm »
No interest in your business or you whatsoever.

Just bored of your constant anti Nick and anti Solutions sniping where there is no need.

If this is how you "bury the hatchet" with someone then you are a very sad man indeed.

Now crawl into YOUR hole, grow up and get over yourself. You really are boring, humourless and so predictable.

Carry on Steve, anyone with half a brain saw your posts many many years ago.

Would have wriitten to you on Facebook rather than a public forum but deleted you off there a long time ago as well.

Steve Gunn

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 08:18:29 pm »
No interest in your business or you whatsoever.

Just bored of your constant anti Nick and anti Solutions sniping where there is no need.

If this is how you "bury the hatchet" with someone then you are a very sad man indeed.

Now crawl into YOUR hole, grow up and get over yourself. You really are boring, humourless and so predictable.

Carry on Steve, anyone with half a brain saw your posts many many years ago.

Would have wriitten to you on Facebook rather than a public forum but deleted you off there a long time ago as well.

Bye then  :-*

Garyj

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 08:23:12 pm »
Doubt its a "bye".

Speak next time you are crying and stirring about Solutions.