Phil Taylor

Re: Groupon
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 07:39:58 pm »

I think your'll be workin your butt off for little or no reward (certainly no profit), repeat customers or no repeat customers.

craignozza

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 07:43:08 pm »
Wow Phil, a post without the word TACCA in it! Im shocked  ;D

Its a marketing exercise and either way it goes I'll post back with honest info so people know what its about. If we manage to upsell there will be a profit and again I'll be happy to give people details. If not then its our own fault but at least we'll have an extra few people to target for future marketing.

Craigp

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 08:22:01 pm »
So it's 'bait and upsell'

Close to enterprise!

AshWhite

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 08:23:08 pm »
Good luck Craig.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Craigp

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 08:28:22 pm »

craignozza

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2011, 08:39:43 pm »
So it's 'bait and upsell'

Close to enterprise!

Nothing like enterprise - if they want a bedroom doing it'll be £22.50 not £300! That would already be booked in over the phone after asking nicely once, no pressure selling at all.

AshWhite

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2011, 08:43:51 pm »
Just to be clear, I wasn't being flippant - I was genuinely wishing you good luck Craig(nozza).

And as I've said many times previously, upselling is not bait & switch.

You wouldn't accuse McDondals of bait & switch just because they ask if you "want fries with that?".

Craigp

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2011, 08:47:15 pm »
Fair enough.

But I really think, sorry know that you can get a good price from the off with the right personality and also as Steve Barnett said trust.

Just food for thought now; with an average job price of £180 then just 350 jobs Per Year! Would be a turnover of £63k

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2011, 08:48:13 pm »
Craig,

Good luck, mate. What area are you doing it in? Have you fixed the sqm per room.

Simon

craignozza

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2011, 08:50:49 pm »
Just to be clear, I wasn't being flippant - I was genuinely wishing you good luck Craig(nozza).

Thanks Ash - did wonder for a second  ;) will keep everyone posted

craignozza

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2011, 08:53:14 pm »
Fair enough.

But I really think, sorry know that you can get a good price from the off with the right personality and also as Steve Barnett said trust.

Just food for thought now; with an average job price of £180 then just 350 jobs Per Year! Would be a turnover of £63k

Craig  - we havent been going long so after a busy start things had slowed a bit and we thought why not - long term it might work out and if not at least Im not stuck indoors. Early days but get where you're coming from, cheers

craignozza

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2011, 08:56:45 pm »
Craig,

Good luck, mate. What area are you doing it in? Have you fixed the sqm per room.

Simon

Simon its for Brighton - they wouldnt let us fix the size  >:(  so we specified lounge diner as 2 and hsl as 2. They also wanted us to do 2 rooms and a hallway for the £28 but we said no. We've specified the postcodes we'll do. Cleaners before have done it for a 30 mile radius, we're mad but not that mad!

Simon Gerrard

garry22

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2011, 09:13:51 pm »
How does Jason's "Book them direct" approach work? I was under the impression that the customers paid Groupon.

AshWhite

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2011, 09:16:22 pm »
They do, but if they should call you to check any details prior to booking, you have the chance to take the booking there & then, and save yourself from giving Groupon their cut.

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2011, 10:22:41 pm »
I had the phone call this afternoon from Groupon ;D
Now normally with sales calls I end them asp as they know their product better than I do, but with groupon I was well prepared thanks to this site.
He did throw one stat at me which made me wince, someone (CC'er) in Coventry has just had a few hundred deals at £30 a shot. Even this salesman seems to understand when I said he'll be working well into 2012 to clear that lot.
I declined the offer but would keep an open mind should the economy noise dive, and I needed something like that.
I must admit I liked the earlier comment about someone doing a deal for 20 sq/ft which would be an ideal foot through the door situation although I'm not sure I could put up with constant moans about it being a con when you measure up a standard sized living room and hit them with £80.

wynne jones

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2011, 10:46:02 pm »
You can do a similar thing with Facebook ads.

You purposely create an ad with a very poor CTR but put your number and an offer in big letters (part of the image). Then they call you direct without being charged. The ad will run for a few days and then Facebook throttle your views.   ;D

It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2011, 01:18:24 am »
Nice one mate hope it goes well...dont forget to book them in for next clean in 6 months or a years time.... I wondered when someone else would get the idea of this Groupon marketing. As for the people slating the idea...Well all I can say is "THANKS GROUPON FOR MY NEW VAN AND additional TRUCKMOUNT"

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2011, 06:32:25 am »
Nice one mate hope it goes well...dont forget to book them in for next clean in 6 months or a years time.... I wondered when someone else would get the idea of this Groupon marketing. As for the people slating the idea...Well all I can say is "THANKS GROUPON FOR MY NEW VAN AND additional TRUCKMOUNT"

This is what really p's me off when people make unsubstantiated statements like that. So you've got a new van and new truck mount as a direct result of doing Groupon, is that what you're telling us, Monty? Apologies if I have misread it, but that seems to be what you are telling us.

Simon

robert meldrum

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2011, 07:16:42 am »
I suppose, if you think about it, getting a high volume of work but not getting paid for a couple of months allows you to accumulate a wad of notes, always assuming you manage to " work the system " which Jason and Monty have been able to do.