Geoff Jewkes

Re: Unethical,or just business
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2010, 09:20:51 am »
Check out how many addresses that competent cleaners have, I can tell you now that they only have one.............a unit in Ellesmere port

Hi Geoff, although I have not checked I think that competent cleaners are maybe a franchise currently just in the north west of England, either that or they employ alot of cc's over a very big area  :o. If you look on the website all of the locations listed seem to have local phone numbers, just checked a few myself 01606 Northwich, 01244 Chester, Rhyl 01745, I did a big lounge job the other day in Winsford that the Northwich branch, myself and other cc's had quoted on over the phone.

Kind regards,

Paul 

Not franchise its privately run, I worked there for 5 years and was works manager for the last one, best thing I ever did was LEAVE!  ;D

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2010, 10:42:24 am »
To add to the "is it ethical" debate I am aware of a cc who only came into the business from cold within the last 24 months yet the web site claims "we have years of experience"

Marketing speak or just a damn lie?

You make you mind up.

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

cannon

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2010, 11:08:12 am »
Could that be me Rog??

It certainly isn't a lie, but it is bending the truth a little. I cleaned my first carpet in 2005 working for a spash and dash, but dont class myself as being a profesional cc until more recently when ive started my own business. But i do have experience of cc going back to 2005.

I also claim to have "the latest equipment" well its latest to me.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2010, 11:26:41 am »
Cannon

Panic ye not. :)

In any case the comment was not made as a dig even at the person in mind-it was just an observation and I tried to make it as neutral as possible.

Of course, a "guilty" mind............ ;D ;D ;D ;D

Rog
(Hope you see the humour?)

cannon

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2010, 12:03:53 pm »
Yeah Rog i knew what you meant by the post, thats why i highlighted a couple of things that i bend the truth with in the name of marketing  :o

james roffey

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2010, 05:47:17 pm »
To add to the "is it ethical" debate I am aware of a cc who only came into the business from cold within the last 24 months yet the web site claims "we have years of experience"

Marketing speak or just a damn lie?

You make you mind up.

Rog
[/quote

Rog

As i started this post,and  this person like myself started cold within the last  2 years you could be refering to me, if you are then you have not read my homepage properly,
It says i have "8 years in the cleaning industry and now enjoy carpet cleaning" which  is the  truth and not a "damm lie"
For the past 9 years my wife and i have had 3 contracts with a local estate agents, solicitors office and a block of flats all of which i continue to do, and this helps boost my income.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2010, 07:09:26 pm »
James let me reassure you (i've not even looked at your web site, sorry ;D)it is not you and let me reitterate I'm not having a go at the person in question. I'm just making the observation.

incidentally, I don't even know if this cc frequents this forum.

Hope that stops a lot of people worrying.

Rog

james roffey

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2010, 07:35:50 pm »
Rog thanks for the reply and clearing that up.

wynne jones

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2010, 09:59:52 pm »
'All marketers are liars'
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Joe H

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2010, 10:26:35 pm »
Competant Cleaners advertise in Warrington and use a domestic address.
Last summer I was asked to go and clean their suite and carpet at that address.
I thought it was a windup, but went.
Turns out they were fed up with getting mail (probably junk mails) addressed to Competant Cleaners.

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2010, 11:29:09 pm »
I didnt stay as works manager for long, the job title ` scape goat ` would have been more appropriate...............................Crikey I could tell you some stories!!

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2010, 11:31:36 pm »
When I left 5 years ago 60K a year was spent on advertising so you can imagine how many addresses he has  ::)

David McNay

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2016, 11:53:15 am »
http://www.competentcleaners.com/

They say that theyre voted no 1 by good housekeeping etc which is bull

Voted Number 1 as part of the Scotchcare Services network isn't bull

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2016, 01:19:32 pm »
Interesting thread, the plot thickens  ;D

DB

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2016, 10:59:27 am »
Your right David...the No 1 reference was referring to the Scotchcare Network as a whole pitted against other Franchises at the time....at least twenty years ago

I still have the article on file.

All this company are doing is bending the facts to fit.... like many other judging by the the posts on here.

Stoots

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2016, 09:05:08 pm »
Theres one big window cleaning site that has literally dozens of locations on google maps

seems a good way to rank

Afterall whats stopping you form having 2 business locations?