Alex

Need help - going Limited? New
« on: December 31, 2003, 04:54:08 pm »
I'm hope for some feedback on a making my business limited as I've got a great problem. My wife just told me on Christmas day she 6 weeks pregnant ;D ;D ;D

I was talking to a chat in the pub and he tells me if I become limited I'd recieve some benefits, however, he didn't know the details. Anyone know what benefits I'd get and if it's worth going ltd?

Cheers
Alex

Derek

Re: Need Help
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 06:05:04 pm »
Hi Alex

The Limited Company issue sounded great but I have always had my reservations ...the Chancellor is too canny a fellow to give money away.

Low and behold, he has now recognised that there is a tax loophole which he intends to close in the budget next year.

Contact your local benefits office for the lowdown  on any entitlements, I don't think going Limited will make that much difference. A lot is down to your wife's employment.

Congratulations....looks like its going to be a productive year for you in 2004.
Both my daughters have informed us recently that they are both pregnant, babies due around June/July

Kind regards
Derek

Alex

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 06:55:11 pm »
Cheers Derek.

I'll give them a buzz on Monday.

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2004, 01:16:01 pm »
WHO? Tax office or the daughters :o
Not really......knew carpet cleaners could be a friendly bunch but .......... ;)
Congratulations to all expecting parties........surprising how late night work will seem so attractive soon ;D

The Great One

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2004, 01:46:59 pm »
I ahve been ltd before and will again.

Talk to your accountant (prefrebly one who is Ltd also) they will be able to tell you all the advantages, like earning £10,000 before you pay tax. Lets also not forget that with a ltd company you pay for everything with pre tax money and the government only tax you on any profit (if you choose to have one that is)

Regards

Martin 8)