ALEXDH

2nd job ??
« on: December 23, 2003, 08:50:28 pm »
Hi

Just wondering how many of you chaps have second jobs in a differnet industry.

How do you find balancing the two?

I am looking to keep in my current job until the spring , thourght i would ride out the quiet period Jan Feb and go full time when i am quite experianced, if things keep going as they are though i may do it earlier.

Re: 2nd job ??
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 09:02:25 pm »
Used to do TV/Film extra work during quite spells as it was easy to fit into short notice slots and it made a TOTAL difference. (keep your eyes out for me in The Bill, Eastenders, 2 Bond films etc  8))
Cannot do it now as booked every day but do miss the buzz :'( Pal of mine is still doing Carpet cleaning and can be seen on Eastenders regularly (Lester Adams, as seen in the new Iceland advert)
Good luck with it AlexDH ;)

Derek

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2003, 10:01:26 am »
Hey Chris

I know another Cleaner up in the Blackpool area who also doubles as a TV extra...Phil Henry can often be seen in the Rovers Return (Coronation Street) also he featured in 'The Doctors'... just shows that we carpet cleaners must be a good looking lot!  ::)

You ought to post a picture so that we can all look out for you

Have a nice Christmas
Derek

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2003, 05:00:47 pm »
Uptill a few years ago I worked weekends as a lorry driver, I did it more for fun than for the money.

The driving I did was for pigeon racers ::) I carried 1000's & 1000's of racing pigeons across into France and then set them free. on the way back I made more money filling the empty wagon full of cheap booze ;D ;D

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk