UK Contract Cleaning Forum > Contract Cleaning Forum

Tupe regulations - new contractor

<< < (3/3)

pristineclean:
I'd ask the original poster to carefully look at what I've written and to try to interpret it in accordance with a desire to help rather than anything malicious. When I started out in cleaning, I ran to these boards for help and got it over and over again from people who didn't want anything in return. I think I'm bound to do the same where I can.

My argument about liking TUPE wasn't in relation to the original poster (it can't be in relation to the original poster since I know nothing about that company), it was about 'sharp' industry practices generally. I've taken on people under TUPE whose previous employers had held back final pay, denied holidays and even paid less than national minimum wage and its reasonable to infer from that the existence of companies who will happily exploit people in my former employ but are prevented from doing so by law;  regulations which the original poster views as 'ridiculous' but which I'm in favour of.

If it helps to smooth the waters, I can advise that the view of the original poster is one shared strongly by the Conservative Party  (TUPE regs, ironically, were introduced to UK law during the early Thatcher years and were forced into law because of EU requirements) and that the CBI are currently lobbying to have TUPE protection reduced. I don't agree with them either, naturally  :)

I can't agree at all with the statement which suggests that the original poster has been shot down - a question was asked and answered - and I'm not sure whether the 'legends/gods' description was directed at me although it's enormously flattering if it was. I've had an inflated opinion of myself for decades now and it's about time someone shared it.

isa:
To All,
I likewise many on CIU have always valued advise and opinions of the members,
even the views, which I am not entirely able to share or support, if only for looking at matters from
different point of view.
Help is always given here willingly and the sense of the cleaning community is strong.
I would like to thank you everyone for taking time and effort to present their point of view.
As your experience has many times help me to broaden mine.
Thank you.
i.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version