Mark Dee

Pressure Pole
« on: August 05, 2023, 06:39:37 pm »
Which brand and size of pole is the most versatile for domestic upto 3 storey work. I presume I need a carbon pole such as the ova8 or extreme. Do you use the same pole for pressure work as you would for, say, brushing on chem for soft washing.

Smudger

Re: Pressure Pole
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2023, 12:05:56 am »
Which brand and size of pole is the most versatile for domestic upto 3 storey work. I presume I need a carbon pole such as the ova8 or extreme. Do you use the same pole for pressure work as you would for, say, brushing on chem for soft washing.

What with a pressure washer  :-X
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

tom20001

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2023, 09:51:58 am »

We have an slx 30 and tbh I find it fine. Lot of differing reports on here about it being very hard to control etc before I bought it but its OK.  Obviously takes bit of controlling at 3 storeys defo but for up to 2 storeys I find it fine and the odd time I need to use it at 3 storeys it's grand.  I use it for washing some fscs and rinsing after softwashing generally.

Mark Dee

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2023, 10:48:55 am »

What with a pressure washer  :-X

Was thinking about apex of barge boards. Lower pressure to replace agitation removing chems. I have seen facias/outside gutters being turbo'd. I havent tried it yet but its on my "to mess about with" list. Also I have hot to offset pressure/ flow.

From your reply it seems it may be wishful thinking on my part.

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2023, 01:38:34 pm »
There is very few things right or wrong - crazy maybe - fair play if you can really hold up a pole 3 storeys and pressure wash effectively then (IMO) your super human ive used a long pole unto 20 ft horizontally and thats difficult enough - never mind vertical for s/f/g - the pressure would have to be so low its not worth the effort - better cleaning WFP

but as the other posts people are doing it - if its getting the results then carry on....

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk