Mark Dee

Why a bigger tip size?
« on: August 05, 2023, 06:35:47 pm »
Just wondering why my new system has been fitted with a size 12 tip on the end of the wand when the sizing chart suggest a size 6.5/7 for the pressure and flow of my new setup?

I will ask  the supplier on Monday but just wondering why they would select a nozzle size which reduces the pressure at the tip, am I missing something obvious?

Smudger

Re: Why a bigger tip size?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2023, 11:58:30 pm »
I would say they have fitted a wrong size nozzle - or using (maybe) some Chinese made item that uses a different code to size the nozzle

but if thats a 12 then your only getting half the pressure you should have

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2023, 12:04:48 am »
having a quick look some give nozzle size and hole diameter - but an 07 comes out at 1.6 so that does not match either

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Mark Dee

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2023, 10:57:49 am »
having a quick look some give nozzle size and hole diameter - but an 07 comes out at 1.6 so that does not match either

Darran
Its confusing  for me. Maybe I am overthinking stuff but there are so many standards depending on where the components were manufactured that I cant make sense of certain things in my head. I have convinced myself that the tip size is wrong for the spec I bought and I cant figure out why the installer would put that size tip with my engine and pump size.

There will be an easy answer and saturday's with too much time on my hands and everything being closed is a bad combination. T

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2023, 01:40:24 pm »
for a start off why don't you put your spec on here so we can see what size nozzle you need ?

Darran

Mark Dee

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2023, 06:07:29 pm »
for a start off why don't you put your spec on here so we can see what size nozzle you need ?

Darran

Its a 250 bar 25LPM  setup. 23Hp engine with  a 30lpm 300 bar hotbox with a needle valve.

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2023, 12:01:21 am »
Defo an 07 Nozzle for that - time to check with the trader you brought your gear from as I posted earlier could be a rogue nozzle

Darran

waterforce

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2023, 08:39:59 pm »
Incorrect nozzle is fitted.