Craig 72

Flakey tiles on a roof clean
« on: June 17, 2023, 05:23:32 pm »
Hi folks,I wonder if anybody can offer any assistance?I’ve had so many customers ask me if I do roof cleaning that I took the plunge about a year ago and gave it a go.So far so good but on a job today I got to a section of roof on an outbuilding where there is an area of clay tiles that is very flaky and looks fragile.I daren’t scrape them as I thing they’ll disintegrate.There’s still a lot of moss on the area,I suggested to the customer that I just sprayed it with biocide  rather than scrape and then spray.Customer seemed happy with that but it’s going to look crappy as the rest of the roof is scraped fine.This is the only course of action I’ve got presumably?Any idea on how long a biocide treatment would take to work it’s magic on an area that’s not been scraped first?I’m thinking a long time 😩.Thanks if you can help.

Craig 72

Re: Flakey tiles on a roof clean
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2023, 05:24:02 pm »

Craig 72

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2023, 05:25:33 pm »
Crappy pic 😩.Rest of the roof is fine bizarrely,there’s just  a stretch like this about 2 metres long

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2023, 07:20:29 pm »
Biocide or hypo will kill it and over time it will naturally come off the roof but take 8-12 months depending on a number of factors.

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2023, 10:41:53 pm »
Most likely frost damaged - biocide will help but I wouldn't be confident that its going to kill it off properly, sometimes a roof requires more than a clean and this would be one where I'd suggest a roofer and change these tiles

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Craig 72

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2023, 08:27:10 am »
Many thanks 👍