Steve Weatherley

Biocide...... DDAC or BAC50
« on: May 05, 2023, 06:26:35 pm »
Can anyone with experience of using these two products advise me on the difference in uses. The DDCA product (Algoclear Plus) is in the region of £95 for 5 litres and the BAC50 product (eg BACCLEAR PRO) is approx £35 for 5 litres

Splash & dash

Re: Biocide...... DDAC or BAC50
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 06:59:01 pm »
Can anyone with experience of using these two products advise me on the difference in uses. The DDCA product (Algoclear Plus) is in the region of £95 for 5 litres and the BAC50 product (eg BACCLEAR PRO) is approx £35 for 5 litres

Basically the same thing  we have used the algoclear pro ,and Benz biocide and another one cannot remember the name they are all very similar with the results the give Benz is probably as good as anything and cheaper than the algoclear

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2023, 02:55:34 pm »
Thanks for your reply. I'm thinking the same but can't help wondering why such a huge price difference as the dilution rates are similar

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2023, 03:37:22 pm »
Thanks for your reply. I'm thinking the same but can't help wondering why such a huge price difference as the dilution rates are similar

I think with the algoclear you are paying for  the name , the other brand stuff we use is pure seal have a look on there website but again they all seam to work pretty much the same from my experience.

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2023, 06:11:38 pm »
so if they do the same thing why is one double the price?

It's not to do with the mix ratio as I have checked that on the Pureseal website. I also left 2 messages plus an email with them to answer the question but have gone unanswered

On the Pureseal website BacClear Pro (BAC50) is £30 for 5 litres and mixes 1:20 for roofs........
 whilst the  Bioclear Pro (DDAC) is £70 for 5 litres and  mixes in the same ratio

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2023, 07:04:55 pm »
so if they do the same thing why is one double the price?

It's not to do with the mix ratio as I have checked that on the Pureseal website. I also left 2 messages plus an email with them to answer the question but have gone unanswered

On the Pureseal website BacClear Pro (BAC50) is £30 for 5 litres and mixes 1:20 for roofs........
 whilst the  Bioclear Pro (DDAC) is £70 for 5 litres and  mixes in the same ratio

I have no idea why one is so much more expensive ime no chemist and don’t know the technical difference but the end results from what we have used are the same ,all are slow to work compared to hypo .

the king

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2023, 09:14:09 pm »
ive always used benz good price and does the job my mate uses more bio then me he likes softwash solutions biocide swears by it but he says they all as good as each other, algo clear bit pricey compaired to the others with not much if any benifit