Steve Birch

Re: New machines
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010, 09:48:08 pm »
Yorky

I have as a backup a  CFR pro 400,an earlier model to the ECO 500.Served me very well when I first started.

I too have met the seller on ebay,I spent a day with him when I was looking for advice and guidence on how too start carpet cleaning,helped me a lot.

Agree with Joe hes an honest and genuine person.Give him a ring,see what he says

Steve

richie

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 10:08:34 pm »
Regarding the clause about not been able to work for X amount of time,  If i remember correctly Rainbows clause stated that you cannot work within the postcode area that you franchise covered.

Richie.

yorky

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 10:17:34 pm »
Yorky

I have as a backup a  CFR pro 400,an earlier model to the ECO 500.Served me very well when I first started.

I too have met the seller on ebay,I spent a day with him when I was looking for advice and guidence on how too start carpet cleaning,helped me a lot.

Agree with Joe hes an honest and genuine person.Give him a ring,see what he says

Steve

Thanks Steve I have sent the guy an e-mail.

yorky

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 05:30:50 pm »
Regarding the clause about not been able to work for X amount of time,  If i remember correctly Rainbows clause stated that you cannot work within the postcode area that you franchise covered.

Richie.

It's what's called a restrictive covenant. With Chemdry they state you can't work in any trade that competes with them for a period of 6 months working for someone else and 12 months for yourself. The area is within the whole county of your license so very wide. To be enforceable the covenant has to be seen as fair and that can depend on the size of the area they state in the contract as well as the length.

See I'm learning by the day.