Peter Sweeney

C.L.E.A.N ASSOCIATION
« on: January 21, 2010, 08:09:34 pm »
Guys

This is near ready. The plans are to simply elevate the industry's profile through various means but as I do not have any permission to post this information I thought it would be inapproprite to go into any more detail.

Those that would like to know more should contact me via peter@oakleafcc.co.uk

There will not be an immediate response as I am signing off for tonight.

Pete

robert meldrum

Re: C.L.E.A.N ASSOCIATION
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 09:17:20 pm »
Good luck Pete and all concerned

Occurs to me I should really have said best wishes rather than good luck as when people do their homework as I suspect you have it's got little to do with luck.

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 11:42:58 am »
Pete

Try contacting an organisation called the NCCA. I think they may already do this.

Regards

Mike

Colin Day

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 12:26:23 pm »
Pete

Try contacting an organisation called the NCCA. I think they may already do this.

Regards

Mike

And what's to say C.L.E.A.N association isn't going to wipe the floor clean with N.C.C.A ;D (Pun intended!!)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 01:05:41 pm »
Pete

but why join that gang and and be one of the lowly minions when you can start your own gang and be top of the tree ;D ;D ;D

and the NCCA is full of decrepit old foggies, clean will be full of young, dynamic individuals.....go-getters who will shake up the industry and take it to a whole new level of professionalism!!

Although I say this jokingly ;) we all know the saying... 'many a true word said in jest'
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 01:22:37 pm »
I'm sorry I just couldn't resist a comment. I've seen it all before on the window cleaning side with people complaining about the Federation. Save all your time, money and effort Pete - if you're not happy with the NCCA get involved and change it. The biggest problem you'll have is people that will promise to support it but when push comes to shove you'll be on your own and it'll fail. In fact, I've heard this conversation so many times I'd put money on it!

Please take this as it's intended. I'm not having a dig but I think you're wasting your time I'm afraid - the NCCA and the industry will all be worse off as a result. While some may well say the NCCA is full of old old foggies others will say they have considerably more experience and a 42 year head start!

Just my opinion for what it's worth

Regards

Mike

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 03:16:29 pm »
Thats a very fair comment Mike and I appreciate your views. Yes the NCCA have been around along time and there is mountains of knowledge within the structure.

The point of CLEAN is not to be a new alternative to the NCCA but to focus on the the publics (corporate sector included) needs and not its members and certainly not it's directors.

I can say now that we have already concluded negotiations with ourt first National Contract and work for this organisation will be under way in the late summer.

As for changing the NCCA we have no desire to do this even though many have tried in the past and I suppose I could go as far to say that we are getting support from some of those but I will leave them to decide if they wish to make this public knowledge.

Pete

Doug Holloway

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 06:31:07 pm »
Hi Guys

Well I'm certainly not young but maybe there's a bit of dynamism left ;D

I will be part of the CLEAN Association and my personal aim is to raise the level of technical understanding within the industry.

There are certainly going to be some dynamic people involved and it is best to see CLEAN as something new , not a replacement, something that will raise the profile of carpet cleaning within the general public and that has to be good for all.

Cheers

Doug

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 08:51:43 pm »
Cleaning
Learning
Excellence
Association
Network

Thats partly where the name comes from. Its also simple and punchy. Bit like the plans of the association really.

Dougs idea and we almost all fell off our chairs at the simplicity but brilliance of it.

Pete
aka Mr Blowfelt of S.P.E.C.T.R.E (ha ha, thanks Mr K, thats sublime)

Paul_Ashworth

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 09:00:10 pm »
Sounds Good when you put it like that Pete  ;D

Mike B - How about a £50.00 bet that its still going strong in 12 months time, when you lose you can donate to M.E Research.

Paul

elliott cleaning

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 09:04:07 pm »
Can I enquire why this thread was started.   A new association being announced but no details of it published.   For more information  you have to write to some e-mail address which I have never heard of.  Is this some sort of secret society (or association).

Surely commerce will show that if you announce something 'new', you have to come out 'guns blazing' & a bit of pizzazz  to capture your market.

Was this thread just ahead of the game  or is it still a half baked idea

elliott cleaning

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 09:29:07 pm »
My thanks to Steve Barnett for giving me a detailed response to my above post; on Truckmounters.com

Davey750

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 10:14:08 pm »
I am sorry that this,  my first post is negative ,
Please refer to Pristine cleans post about an expense for joining this forum and his very clear statement
not to "Big up " carpet cleaning.
Get real !!!
You are a cleaner -----end of!!!
It ain,t difficult

aandm

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 10:31:11 pm »
So query? you can get a detailed explanation on a TM forum BUT not on this forum? so whats that all about then? another George Orwell institution? (all being equal and that!!!)

Regards

Tony

Len Gribble

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 10:44:40 pm »
Elliott

Hope it ant a TM thing ;)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

elliott cleaning

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 10:46:34 pm »
George Orwell ??? ??? :o.   Guess you are eluding to Social Injustices??

Social Injustice is when unequals are treated equally ;)   So why not log into the TM forum - I'm sure they will treat you equally :)

P.S.   Len:    All things being equal, I don't think so ( but maybe I'm being treated unequal & they are holding something back)

aandm

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 10:53:04 pm »
So it looks like a TM thing then!!!!!

So who is in for financial gain from this new institution? no one sets this stuff up for free, time, effort, knowledge, they all come at a price. Who is actually the driving force (or forces behind this new "group" of betters!) and who is it going to benefit?
So far TM member/owners, but who else and also i thought you were not supposed to advertise on this forum for financial gain ( believe me someone will gain) unless that only counts for some people!

Tony

aandm

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 10:54:48 pm »
And that means if some of the moderators (who are supposed to police the site) are in then it dont matter!!!!

Davey750

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 10:57:17 pm »
what ?
I do not understand any of these replies.
Is there a secret code, or can you not speak in a constructive sentence ?

aandm

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010, 11:00:15 pm »
Davey750

What u talking about, i just read what you said and that is not a sentence either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!