ian harper

Re: Getting your site on first page of Google
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2013, 06:04:50 am »
How much does it matter, here is what a massive group of SEO experts say.

6.98% thats what you putting all your efforts into. its not a snipper shot anymore its more of a shotgun

http://moz.com/blog/weighting-the-clusters-of-ranking-factors-in-google-analytics-whiteboard-friday

neil 47

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2013, 01:00:07 pm »
Ian

its not a easy thing to do ,it just so happens you have a little bit more knowledge than 90% of cc on web pages .
if you search my web page i come up 5 times am i a seo genius No .

just lucky.  i don't even get massive amounts of work of it either

But I do Know one Secret
IICRC

garry22

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2013, 04:20:58 pm »
I have seen a few instances where top internet marketers (i.e. those actually making a lot of money) have totally contradicted stuff from Moz. It's probably best to keep an open mind.

On the subject of exact match domains (I have EMDs and "branded so have a foot in both camps): did anyone arguing for them do any tests. I mean did anyone test the ranking speed of an EMD against a non EMD? what were your results?

V_Purcell

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2013, 07:34:34 pm »
Yes Garry, I have added a few links and done some seo on it, maybe I will through some heavy links from some high PR sites I own. Its dancing around 25 in google expect it to rise, I have also got another dancing around 45
I will give it a few weeks and they both should be on page 1

V_Purcell

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2013, 07:41:34 pm »
How much does it matter, here is what a massive group of SEO experts say.

6.98% thats what you putting all your efforts into. its not a snipper shot anymore its more of a shotgun

http://moz.com/blog/weighting-the-clusters-of-ranking-factors-in-google-analytics-whiteboard-friday
Forget what experts say, it what gets results, I just did it a very easy way. Which was the start of the thread.

wynne jones

« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2013, 08:24:02 pm »
Is there anyone actually in bexley that wants their carpet cleaned cos no one else seems interested in ranking for it. If net mums is number two that suggests to me no one else is. Hence the ease of ranking.

We can go round and round arguing the toss on this one, unless of course........
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

ian harper

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2013, 11:46:01 pm »
having one site and one plan is nuts

what google gives google can take away.

you have to play at it like nothing depends on it and spread your bets and you have much more luck. keeping an eye on trends at all times. url keywords are old school now. brands are where its at, and you need to build one. how? as many ways as you can.

look at the brand as the outer circle around your site that leads people into your sales process. its what i was say before about helping a wider audience that in turn will help you locally.

V_Purcell

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2013, 02:30:29 pm »
having one site and one plan is nuts

what google gives google can take away.

you have to play at it like nothing depends on it and spread your bets and you have much more luck. keeping an eye on trends at all times. url keywords are old school now. brands are where its at, and you need to build one. how? as many ways as you can.

look at the brand as the outer circle around your site that leads people into your sales process. its what i was say before about helping a wider audience that in turn will help you locally.

All you have to have is have a site that converts into sales. Mine does have 12 jobs from this site, I have another 120 keyword rich domains. which I may develop. Certain keywords are worth more revenue
I have carpetcleaninginlondon.com and carpetcleaninginlondon.net one is at 25 and the other one at 45
Next week should see SERPs  movement on the first domain
Yes Google can give and take away, one of my sites have tanked from being number 1 for carpet cleaning in london is not in the first 500

V_Purcell

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2013, 02:32:43 pm »
Is there anyone actually in bexley that wants their carpet cleaned cos no one else seems interested in ranking for it. If net mums is number two that suggests to me no one else is. Hence the ease of ranking.

We can go round and round arguing the toss on this one, unless of course........
Net mums have good seo
unless of course........What ????

See how much they are bidding on that keyword in Bexley

V_Purcell

« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2013, 02:41:08 pm »
The reponses to this post ar ridiculous posted by people who know nothing pertaining to how to rank on page one for a carpet cleaning website. Of course its all subjective and a matter of opinion but you are all wrong. Keyword rich domains DO rank far easiar and that's fact, even more so when hardly any seo has been done and they stay there, fact. We paid alex from alloy thousands of pounds for design and seo with NO results. Finally we built our own site with the city keyword in the domain and the correct ratio of keywords in the text and bingo within 5 weeks we are on page one for everyrhing and top for many keywords. And before all the 'experts' say ...bullpoop, we are not prepared to say who we are and our domain because the lot of you will copy exactly what we have done.... So work it out for yourselves..... There is absolutley no such thing as SEO any more and the sooner you all relaise it the better for you all. Design a sound website with the correct ratio of keywords and a keyword rich domain, forget blogs and links cos they don't work. Make your script to the point, honest and natural and you WILL rank..... Design and structure as well as the correct coding is all that is needed and required, and that's that.

That is contradictory :  "Design a sound website with the correct ratio of keywords and a keyword rich domain" That is SEO
You are optimizing you site for search engines

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2013, 07:50:09 pm »
Which backlinks did you use for the Bexley site? ran it through a basic site and google, only showed one wiki link.

V_Purcell

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2013, 08:43:32 pm »
It only has 2 links pointing to it from one domain, try using ahrefs.com

V_Purcell

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2013, 12:00:15 am »
Vernon, I see the carpet cleaning in london one is finally "in the charts"  :)

Hi Garry, just an update carpetcleaninginlondon.com has just hit No 1 carpetcleaninginlondon.info is at 37 and masterclean is at 14
Looking to get all three on the first page, we should get a lot of traffic if we can achieve this.

davep

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2013, 09:44:28 am »
You will also get lots of wasted time when people call one site and then the next when they want cheaper etc ..

garry22

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2013, 01:45:34 pm »
And they say offsite and networks are dead  ;)

Alan falconer

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2013, 08:20:48 pm »
 ;D
All it proves is the competition for the keyword is more sht than yours that's all.

V_Purcell

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2013, 10:06:02 pm »
You will also get lots of wasted time when people call one site and then the next when they want cheaper etc ..

It's critical for websites to appear on Page 1 of Google, especially in one of the top three organic positions, as these spots receive 58.4 percent of all clicks from users, according to a new study from Optify.

Websites ranked number one received an average click-through rate (CTR) of 36.4 percent; number two had a CTR of 12.5 percent; and number three had a CTR of 9.5 percent. Being number one in Google, according to Optify, is the equivalent of all the traffic going to the sites appearing in the second through fifth positions.
http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2049695/Top-Google-Result-Gets-36.4-of-Clicks-Study

If we can maintain 1st position and get our two other sites say 1 at position 10 and maybe another one at position five we should get 44.7% of all organic hits.

But may be you would know that as you do not have a target keyword pointing at your site. So its a bit like having a box of leaflets under the stair, your not going to get any work from it.

Now if I was you guys I wouldn't be so negative, I would be saying how is it done ? can I do it ? How much does it cost to get your site there. But maybe a lot of guys here are just carpet cleaners and not business people. Its a fact the best carpet cleaners do not make the most money.

The worst carpet cleaner can hire the best carpet cleaners, thus increasing his turnover
( Gregg Bloss Steamway Denver)

Steve9

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2013, 10:30:39 pm »
My first post on here but I have been a member and viewed the topics for some time.

I am really suprised at the negative response at getting your website to page 1/top 3 on google.

I really can't understand why people wouldn't want to. Surely it's better to filter any 'bad' calls than have no calls at all from your website.

Quick question (which you may have already said and I have missed)... What are the results showing for? Eg is it 'carpet cleaning London' ?

For the record I'm really impressed.

V_Purcell

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2013, 11:18:47 pm »
Steve I totally agree with your statement, but imagine if you were paying for clicks. This is an area I may market this service too, they appreciate what it mean to get cheaper traffic. Its not hard to do this when you have worked out a way to do this.
The search term carpet cleaning is the has the highest search volume carpet cleaning in London, has the second and carpet cleaning London is 3rd.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2013, 06:19:49 am »
Vince what is a PR site?