Carpet Dawg

Re: Organisation
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 12:33:24 am »
Wow! what a crazy thread that was! TACCA! lol

Anyways, what happend to Mike Osbourne?

Colin Day

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 08:26:34 am »
I see some of  these organisations as a way for those involved to make money, for which in return for your yearly membership you get a nice sticker for the van. I know that in the world of oven cleaning there is an association for oven cleaners, but I myself could produce my own "Mock" association with my own designed "Seal of Approval" logo and off I go. No one would ever tell the difference. ;D

jim mca

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 09:09:21 am »
Ian

I would like my carpets cleaned for no cost when are you available  ;D

I would to be owned by all members with dividends payed if it made a profit
linked to the fsb so you got there benefits it would employ a sales manager
to aquire national contracts.

richy27

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 09:50:15 am »
What most people want a an organisation is brand awareness sim to gas safe etc etc so a customer has confidence in your abilities. Alas this costs millions. And I am afraid this within the cc industry just is not goin to happen. Plus the system with the ncca is wrong. How can someone go through the motions on a course pass a multiple answer exam and be all of a sudden a competent cc. I was not when I did the ncca course yes it gave me a basic knowledge but I was not experienced. What doug said is spot on but alas I am afraid it would cost too much to get it to where it needs to be. 

richy27

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 09:56:48 am »
To add while I am on one lol. I don't see the cost of the subs of the ncca worth it. One little news letter which basically I can imagine is widely funded by advertisers. A few usefull articles. And gardeners monthly slot. Gees it was like reading wi newsletter which gets me more work lol. There are some good people involved in the ncca paul pawlo etc etc but perhaps they need a young gun in there to go in the mix. I know 2 who would be superb but I won't say who. Just to give a relevent angle from someone who has not been in the industry since the invention of the wheel 

Steve Gunn

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 12:24:48 pm »
Everybody wants different things from these organisations some brand awareness,others nice logo for van,training,some just want to be part of something. Either way you cannot keep everybody happy with what they offer.

cannon

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 01:46:11 pm »
I think this carpet cleaners carnival is a step in the right direction.

Hilton

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 01:59:34 pm »
Personal choice, but dont expect to get any major business from it or any recognition.

A few years agon a CC chap I know had van decals made up and put a logo on his paper work saying 'Association of British Cleaners' (ABC) ' The lettering was huge across his van and went through a union flag. Sounds like it looked crap but it actually looked very impressive. I quizzed him about a few times and wondered if he had ever been pulled up on it and he had only once been asked about it by an insurance company, he told them he was trialling the concept of starting an organisation and needed to monitor the impact it would have on customer loyalty and perception of the industry to the public. It was left at that and never mentioned again.

He had 100 fold more comments on it, much more than we ever got from the 'various' organisations we used belong to.

He sold up a couple of years ago and moved to Spain having done very well in his business,

Steve Chapman

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 02:19:27 pm »
So it didnt really exist  then  ???

Isnt there a name for that  ;D

Steve

Hilton

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 02:37:22 pm »
No, totally fictitious, But no one not even an insurance company were bothered, I dont think he was actually breaking any laws ( although I dont know)  maybe just stretching the truth a bit.

I might add he was very good at the business but when he sold up I never saw the van again, I imagine somehere in the UK some one is driving around with that logo on it.  ;D

Joe H

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 03:26:15 pm »
eerrmmmm - deception comes to mind.

Any law about that?

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 03:39:56 pm »
A WARNING BECAUSE THIS IS HOW IT WILL PAN OUT.
Trust me, been there myself and so have many others.

You have an idea which will rival NCCA.
Loads of people say "great count me in."
You spent zillions of hours researching.
People start asking when will it be up and running.
You say "Shortly just need to finalise a few things."
The negative posters latch on and slate each and every thing about it.
People ask, "How much will membership be?"
You say, "£150 which is a bargin for what you willl get."
People say "Count me in I'm up for it."
At this point you think you're onto something great.
You do the launch.

You end up with 10 people who part with their £150
Outsiders ask "Hows it going and when when I see the first TV advert" even though they have no intention of parting with money or joining
The whole thing dies a death

I'm not against the idea at all but at the end of the day we are all individuals (mostly sole traders) who have no interest in forming a band of brothers, and you can't go after national contracts unless you have a 'carpet cleaning standard' which there isn't and never will be unless you get the industry regulated, whereby everyone has to go on the same carpet cleaning course, using much the same equipment and chemicals.

And I will now say no more on the subject.

Joe H

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 04:05:24 pm »
You right Neil, when you say we are a bunch of individuals.
I said the same when Clean was on the uptake.
I also suggested the only way for a "new" organisation to have an large effect would be to join forces with an existing established organisation and make the changes needed within using their already established structures.
On that point I suggested Clean join to NCCA
Might have worked but we may never know now.

Hilton

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 04:33:39 pm »
eerrmmmm - deception comes to mind.

Any law about that?

Its not deception he was the organisation.

If people wanted to believe he was part of a larger organisation that was up to them but like I say NO ONE asked,  which in its self speaks volumes.

Steve Chapman

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 04:50:20 pm »
What happened to CLEAN ?  Did it never get of the ground ?

There was alot of enthusiasm for it at the time ?

Steve