woodman

CFR Altra  Series
« on: September 23, 2003, 06:23:12 pm »
I have been informed that CFR now have a machine that will provide a mighty 1000psi of cleaning but  still leaves the drying times at a fraction of conventional cleaners ??? how can this be.

Any body seen this machine in action

Derek

Re: CFR Altra  Series
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2003, 10:20:32 pm »
Hi

Yes, I have seen this machine demonstrated using 1000 psi continually on a secton if carpet.... backing completely dry.

Seeing is believing ... I didn't believe it at first.

When you are used to the conventional HWE machines it shouldn't work... but it does

Derek

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2003, 11:27:29 pm »
it all comes down to the angle of attack, most wands will fire the solution at an angle of 60degrees into the carpet the cfr wand jets the solution across the carpet almost into the vacuum chamber this gives a shearing effect.

if you jet 1000psi into a carpet it will penetrate to the base of the carpet, across the carpet will  be picked up by the vacuum before over-wetting can happen

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2003, 11:53:02 pm »
I'm hoping to find out more about these machines on Friday but given your explanation before, Mike, would it follow that you dont get as thorough clean as you do with hot water extraction because you dont get the same rinsing action?
Regards
Mike

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2003, 01:03:36 am »
Mike thats something I've often thought about CFR machines, on a flat pile carpet where the dirt is sat on the top then it will rinse off, but what about a deep pile carpet will the shearing effect reach the deep embedded dirt.

I must admit I'm no expert on these machines, everything I know about the CFR is second hand information I've only ever seen them demonstrated. I've never used one on a job.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Derek

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2003, 09:27:37 am »
Hi Guys

I can assure you fellas that the cut pile and twist pile carpets get a thorough clean and the amount of soil removed is incredible. As Mike has stated its the tooling of the wand and the handtool which is the key to the system... I do believe some T/M operators are using CFR tools with their T/M's  

As I have said before I was one of life's sceptics about this system... until I tried it. I was very fortunate that someone loaned me a machine for a couple of weeks and that's where the 'seeing is believing' all started.

Sadly Amtec do not have a stand at the show but have a chat with Steve Carpenter who will be on the Sebo stand and he will give you chapter and verse.

Come and have a chat with me, I will be around both on Friday and Saturday apart from the NCCA AGM at 30.pm Friday.

Looking forward to meeting up with you all.

Regards
Derek

woodman

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2003, 07:57:20 pm »
:(  what a shame Amtech won't be there I would have liked to have seen one.Suppose I 'll have to pay them a visit.

I hope to see you all there I should be there traffic permiting about 13:00. and will stay for a few hours.

A1_Supreme

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2003, 10:03:08 pm »
Hi CFR machines are great cleanning and time saving in refiling.
they do keep prety dry I,ve got three of them.  They are just as good as truk mount.
They have Altra 400  whcih bit noise. Altra 1000 they are great.

Derek

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2003, 10:15:05 pm »
Hi

I have a CFR 400 and I think that is quiet compared with other HWE machines.

Mr One-step (aka Steve) rates his CFR 1000 comparable to a truck-mount.... quiet too eh!

Regards
Derek