LINDSY WHITE

HELP!..
« on: March 11, 2014, 07:04:39 am »
  ??? Im trying to set up my own cleaning business within the Leeds area.Im desperate  to get my foot in   the door to kick start this!! Ive posted business cards,left them in shops,doctors,dentists etc..[even on buses!]..Has anyone any ideas?? Any contacts?know of anywhere i could apply?Any ideas would be very much appreciated!!! :P

PoleKing

Re: HELP!..
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 07:36:39 am »
You need to speculate to accumulate.
Perhaps buy the services of a professional canvasser.
Leadingcall.co.uk for commercial perhaps or a professional door to door canvasser for domestic.
Have you got a website?

The days of being able to knock on someone's door and end up with a contract that's worth following up on are long gone. Really good work is out there but you need to search through the dross.

I'm nowhere near you but you'll get plenty of help on here, along with some eejits.
All the best with it
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

LINDSY WHITE

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 08:22:12 am »
Thanks for the advice and yeah I've got a website im in the process of finishing so hopefully ill generate some business on there too !

Gary Webber

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 07:56:23 pm »
Hi,
A good method would be to look at making good contacts. I would try a breakfast networking event local to you. We have found it really beneficial and get passed a lot of good quality leads. Relatively cheap to join some of them, I would Google business networking in.... your city/town and see what comes up.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 04:45:03 pm »
Alot of begging try us out helps later on be picky as you won't need to deal with those customers anymore

Rob_Mac

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 07:45:58 am »
Having a website may not be the answer if no one knows about it.

You have to drive traffic to the website. You may have the best service ever but if it is invisible or ranked low you don't stand a chance.

I am a massive exponent of websites, they are as important as capability, just got to make them better than the competition and let people know about them

Rob ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 10:42:41 am »
You also need to be able to read the traffic coming through the website.

Get Google Analytics set up on the website and this will allow you to see what search terms, platforms etc have been used. You can then tweak the site to allow for these trends.

Rob ;D

tim handley

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 06:53:42 pm »

website and yell/hibu advert linked direct to your website......  call your website something like www.cleaningservicesleeds.co/com whatever, when folks google your type of service in your area they be straight on to you, in theory!!!   this is working for me and im no IT expert by any means.....

LINDSY WHITE

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 09:50:35 pm »
thanks for youre advice...much appreciated! :)