Cathedral Floorcare

Carpet + Hard Surface Cleaning
« on: September 10, 2008, 12:13:25 pm »
Hi All,

Apologise in advance for a rambling post.

I've been trawling through this forum for a few weeks, and great it is too (that's the grovelling done ;)), but I've got a question cos I'm a bit confused. I've got a small business restoring Victorian tiled floors, and a big part of that is cleaning/stripping them, and for that I currently use a rotary floor machine (an old Victor Sprite). I've been experimenting with a steam cleaner recently (a little Cochinella 5 bar) and realised it gets details on the floors a lot cleaner, but it's way too small for regular use. I am also booked onto the Prochem 2-day carpet cleaning course in a couple of weeks as I want to diversify (I'm already in customer's houses, they all have carpets etc.)

So...my question is, what do I need to combine the use of, for instance, a Hydromaster hard surface cleaner (or a Cobra if I can find one) with a carpet cleaning machine?
Can I vary pressure through a carpet machine? I sometimes work on limestone and marble that need lower pressures, but ceramics need higher pressures...
Do different machines connect pipework/vac tubes differently or is there an industry standard?

It seems a bit of a minefield to the uninitiated, so I'm hoping some of you experts can help point me in the right direction.  ???

Thanks.

sherco

Re: Carpet + Hard Surface Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 01:17:50 pm »
I do hard floor cleaning, tiles and stone mainly as im a tile fixer by trade, and i only use a numatic rotary scrubber and a wet vac, and i only use aquamix cleaning products. I did the two day cc course at prochem and it was very good, but the hard floor cleaning didnt do stone and tiles so i wouldnt bother doing that one.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Cathedral Floorcare

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 04:34:41 pm »
Thanks for the info Sherco. I used to fix too, but I'm concentrating on this side of things now (apart from friends and family of course). I use Aquamix too as it happens. But I've noticed how much cleaner the high pressure steamer can get things so I really want to explore that avenue.

sherco

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 05:54:09 pm »
Do you use aqua mix for your grout recoloring?

Cathedral Floorcare

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 06:28:06 pm »
Do you use aqua mix for your grout recoloring?

I do, I've had some good results with it. It's a pain to wash off though.  ::)

Have you had a look at this site; www.cleantileandgrout.co.uk? As I said in my first post, I'm looking to combine that sort of set up with a porty cc but don't know where to start.  ???

sherco

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 08:11:42 pm »
Yes i have looked at that web site, I'm going to meet up with Steve the guy who's buisness it is and go out with them for a day to have a look at there product, they use a truck mount to clean there hard floors and that's big investment.

collins ReVive Stoneworks

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 09:41:06 pm »
hi

i think that is a woodbridge in the van if so it has over 2000+ Psi

so that is a lot more power for the spinner

+ the extra heat dont think an average truckmount would work??

having said that once you have srubbed the floor unlike carpet hard floors most dirt sits on top.

some penetrate a little so i dont think you need all that gear but useful rinsing tool though?/

Karl collins

MICHAEL_GAYTON

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 12:20:50 pm »
try the master force as 1200 psi we use one on tile & grout and carpet.as auto dump and feed
ULTRA 4 CLUB
four systems one operator

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 11:25:44 pm »
http://www.tilecleaners.co.uk/

Have a look at this one I think it's a franchisee.

Shaun

sherco

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 08:48:51 am »
I still think my Numatic NR-1500H rotary scrubber and 3000W wet vac would take some beating, as you have the weigt of he machine to really give them a good scrub, plus i can use the same machine for grinding, honing, and polishing.

Cathedral Floorcare

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2009, 08:01:55 pm »
http://www.tilecleaners.co.uk/

Have a look at this one I think it's a franchisee.

Shaun

The website looks extremely similar to the www.tileandgroutcleaning.co.uk site. It's even got the same pictures in the gallery.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 10:19:07 pm »
Do numatic sell all of the bonnet/diamond pad range?

Shaun

sherco

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 05:08:35 pm »
Do numatic sell all of the bonnet/diamond pad range?

Shaun
I have the Numatic NR-1500 for my grinding, honing, polishing i had to get another drive board made so i could fit the grinding and polishing pads to it. The NR-1500 is a good machine weighing 40kg plus i have the extra weight 10kg that can be added for different stone, but just for cleaning and polishing ceramics etc i use a Numatic 332 loline which works fine. And no Numatic dont sell the diamond products.

will_turton

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 07:11:31 pm »
that cos there mates, from there graffitt days